'Christmas Coke' Question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kbobam

Reaction score
A friend of mine apparently has some of the '1923' bottles, except they're in an 8 oz. size. I double-checked with her on this point. I've seen some reproductions, but the 6 oz. size certainly hadn't been changed. And I'd think a commemorative would be clearly marked as such in some way. Do these 'ring a bell' with anyone? Thanks, Bob

digdug

Reaction score
The original 1923 came in only a 6 ounce size. Coca-Cola has reproduced the Christmas bottle many times since...from the 1980's to a few years ago. They are not marked as 'reproduction' in any way. Do a search on the forum on Christmas Coke bottles and you will see photos posted of the "new" versions.

grime5

Reaction score
look on the bottom of the bottles.if the letters are fairly small and the states are abbreviated like tennessee as tn instead of tenn or massachusettes as ma instead of mass the are reproductions. generally the bigger the letters the older the bottle. hope i have helped some. later greg

kbobam

Reaction score
Thanks, Guys!
Had no idea about the 'unmarked' reproductions, and glad to hear about the lettering.
So I guess a London, KY Christmas Coke would be a fake! ( :

grime5

Reaction score
they never made a repro coke from london. if you have one iy is an original. set the bottle on a table.look where the bottle sits on the table at the bottom and you should see the abreviation chatt and a number. probably a 30. hope this helps some more. later greg

digger mcdirt

Reaction score
There's no such thing as a 8 oz original Christmas Coke . They came one size 6 oz. originals are heavy Glass and most have a set of two numbers about 1 1/2" from the bottom on side. The number on the right is the year. They have reproduced Christmas Cokes three times and each is different but none are like an original. Originals are very easy to tell from repo's with a little training. I see the repo's all the time doing sales and I am yet to see any good ones. If you will post a pic of bottom it will be very easy to tell. bob

digger mcdirt

Reaction score
Here is a pic of a Original Christmas Coke bottom from Lexington Tenn it bears the bold large letters "Lexington Tenn" the later ones are small size letters. Compare yours to this and see what you have.

636C2622DE9546208AD6018C1AA5FCC0.jpg

Attachments

• 636C2622DE9546208AD6018C1AA5FCC0.jpg
    636C2622DE9546208AD6018C1AA5FCC0.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 85

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member