cigar bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ombudsman

Reaction score
A while back we saw a bottle shaped (and embossed) like a cigar. Later, though I can't find it now, I thought I saw similar in the pics from the Corning Glass Museum. This got me to thinking about it, so I went back to the antique mall and (after searching the entire place) found the bottle. It is amber, about the length of a Swisher Sweet. Bigger in diameter, though. In cross section it wasn't round and it wasn't square. I guess it was squaround. The mouth looked sheared close to the body. I have no way of knowing if this is the way it was made or if someone cut off the screw top and fired the mouth. The seam, to the extent that I could see it at all. didn't look fine enough for ABM.

Here's a similar one on eBay:
cigar bottle

I made an offer, but the owner said on the phone that he wouldn't take any less than $50 for it, as he has $45 in it. I liked it, but have other demands (some bottle-connected) on my finances right now, so I passed.

Did I leave a rare, valuable bottle on the counter?

amblypygi

Reaction score
I don't think so, they're fairly common. I had one some years back that I got from an antique store for $15 and when I put it on ebay it got 14.99 with 2 bids, so I pretty much got burned on that one :)

ombudsman

Reaction score
Thanks. To tell you the truth, I like it quite a bit. Just not $50 worth. $15? Yes.

jays emporium

Reaction score
Here is one you can watch. It is at $15. but will probably sell under $50.
80.jpg
Old Amber Figural Cigar Shaped Whiskey Bottle Flask[/align]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward