Cleaning cobalt and dark green bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Calbottlegirl

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have two cobalt blob sodas,a John Ryan and a Kimbal and a Dyottsville blob.Do these clean up well?They are all pretty sick.I can put up to show.I would guess they are worth the cost.
Thanks for the info,
Jan

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I just clean them the old fashioned way, soap,water,and a good scrubbing.If they are real bad I soak them in a five gallon bucket for a few days to get the years of gunk off.I work on them until they look good enough fro the shelf and waaaalaaa clean bottle.[:D]Mine look good.Or you can tumble them.Ry is the man to talk to if you go that route.

bottlediger

Reaction score
Rick, thanks for the plug.

Jan, you might want to go and post a pic of your bottles and we can help your further. If they are stained, the only way to make them sparkle is to tumble them, which I can help you with if you like. Check out my link below

Digger Ry

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello all of you; I still tout the [ STAIN AWAY + ] denture cleaner from Walmart. I also use left over coffee for ink, polish, and some tough stains. Soak 'em and see the results. I also use left over coffee for mildew with an old tooth brush. I learned that when I had an old vinyl covered gray metal desk - and spilled some coffee on it. It cleaned up nicely.
RED Matthews

appliedlips

Reaction score
Red, your not saying Stain Away will remove sickness (groundstain) from old glass, are you?

appliedlips

Reaction score
I can see the rubbing compound working as you would be removing glass.I would use it on a buffing wheel on the outside to save a little time.If it really bad, a light sanding will speed the process.Use a very fine sandpaper.600 grit or finer.They make specific polishes for glass.BUT there is nothing you can rub on a bottle and remove sickness (except nasty acids).

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28