Clevenger Booz bottle brings 850.00 today

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Hi everyone,just checking in hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and will also have a great Christmas.
Today at the Conestoga UNRESERVED SINGLE-OWNER AUCTION which had some great bottles and glass http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/27277/page4 lot 188 someone paid a lot of money for a very good copy of the original Booz bottle.It is the most copied bottle in our hobby but is quite easy to tell apart from an original. The tell tale sign on this one is the long neck and the bottom of the same neck is drawn into the letter O.On an original in this same area the bottom of the neck has a softer curve which stops short of the top of the letter O. The auctioneer is a very respectable seller and I have bought quite a bit off of him including items from this sale however he did incorrectly and I am sure unknowingly list it as an original and the bottle ended up doing quite well.I was torn as to whether I should have sent an email stating what I knew a couple of days ago but by that time there were already 5 pre bids on the bottle and why ruin someones euphoria.We cant save everyone from making mistakes.It is a great looking bottle worth 200.00 but not 850.00.Whoever bought it when he gets it home and researches it a little will soon find out he has been fooled by the Clevengers.Live and learn

AA42D9F84BAB475EBD9FF34021B716A0.jpg

Attachments

• AA42D9F84BAB475EBD9FF34021B716A0.jpg
    AA42D9F84BAB475EBD9FF34021B716A0.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 82

epackage

Reaction score
I was out this morning and missed the whole group of bottles Steve....

VTdigger

Reaction score
I have one like that, I made a fool out of myself fishing it out of the cart with merch yet to be placed on the shelves at the Goodwill store, I saw it and thought it was something good so I dug down to the bottom of the cart and the lady said " could you please not do that and wait until I put the stuff out." She wasn't really mad or anything, but I ddi feel like a fool, I just saw the embossing on the side through the cart and since I did find a drakes cabin bitters bottle there I thought it might just be history repeating itself.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter