Clevenger Jenny Lind with Spout

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cubby01

Reaction score
Hi All, First post - new to AB.net but not new to glass in general - was directed here for info on this bottle.

It's a Jenny Lind repro and I'm assuming Clevenger by what I've read. The top is a pitcher or jug top. Were these common? I could not find any info on them in my web searches.

It's amber. The Fislerville side has 3 barrels under the right side of the factory as I've read describes the Clevenger mold. I neglected to get a shot of the bottom, but the bottom looks molded with a circular depression - like a deep birdbath.

Were the spouts an add on? Or was it just a different mold piece?

img0051mr.jpg

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Hi Buck,welcome to the forum.This is the kind of bottle the Clevenger brothers should have been producing all along instead of copying originals all of the time .It is a great looking bottle/pitcher.Instead of using an applied lip tool to crimp the top of the bottle the glass gaffer simply flared the top in the fashion of a floral spout..The handle was blown separately and added after the bottle was formed.The Clevengers works are still located in Clayton New Jersey about 10 miles from my house.The place is in disrepair but it is on the National historic registry now so it cant be eminent domained for anything.

cubby01

Reaction score
Thanks Steve,
An inquiry in another board was able provide a scan from a reference which listed this as '#64 - Jenny Lind Jug - 9"'. Would you know if the '#64' is the pattern number for this particular bottle, or was it just an item number from a particular catalog?

I agree regarding the aesthetics of the jug.

-Buck

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday