Cobalt Blue Eye Wash (Any Info)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

atdadump

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on this cobalt eyewash I found? It is 4 1/2"tall and 1 5/8" in diameter. The seam stops above the shoulder. It has a picture of an embossed eye with the letters O R L Co. surrounding the eye. The embossing is reverse in the picture for some reason. If you have info on the manufacturer or the value, please contact or post a reply. I'm going to try and send a photo, I've never attempted , so here goes.

Xv63529.jpg

Attachments

• Xv63529.jpg
    Xv63529.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 60

diggerjeff

Reaction score
i reversed the photo for you. cant tell you a thing about it sorry! it is a very nice bottle. i dont think it is and eye wash bottle. i think it might be a mineral water bottle,or soda . very nice color and embossing!! i would be proud of that one!

Qn38539.jpg

Attachments

• Qn38539.jpg
    Qn38539.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 57

deepwoods

Reaction score
I agree with Jeff that it LOOKS more like a soda etc But the size - 4 1/2,makes me think its some kind of med,hence eye water. Ive seen these before,and no one else was sure about it either. Its a very cool bottle though. Good lookin out.

deepwoods

Reaction score
Interesting thought Woody - it DOES kind of look like one. That would be cool if it was - a masonic med - not many,if any of those.

atdadump

Reaction score
What exactly is a Masonic med? I'd like to thank everyone with there reply's and interest

Atdadump

deepwoods

Reaction score
atadump - The Masons or Freemasons,were and are a semi-secret organization devoted to good deeds,that goes back,I believe to the 1600's (they claim back to the ancient Egyptians). The "all-seeing eye", the eye on the pyramid (dollar bill),the compass, are some of thier age old symbols. The only old bottles Im aware of that are certifiably Masonic,are the old Masonic flasks(cool bottles)that started to be made in the early eighteen hundreds. If that bottle of yours had a masonic connection,it would make it a pretty rare bird.

Dirranbandi

Reaction score
Hello Attadump

This bottle was listed for sale ($65) at Digger Odell's website:
http://www.bottlebooks.com/bottlesforsale/Bottles4sale.htm - the description indicates it is a Pennsylvanian 'eye water' bottle, but no further details on the company/maker.

Cheers,

Dirranbandi

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1