Newbie looking for info on some old bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow that's quite the bottle to be starting out with as a newbie! It's a stunning pictorial med, and not one I've seen before. It's good that you were able to get an ID on the company, these ones which only have the company initials can be pretty tough to research.

PMbottles

Reaction score
Hi and thank you for reply, So you have exact same bottle? But with paper label, meaning this bottle is missing original paper label? Any Ballpark Idea's on Value? I'm getting ready to list a small collection for a friend and hope to price appropriately Thanks, PM
The monogram is for the Opthalmic Remedy Company, and the product was Cherry-Laurel Lotion. The company was based in Reading, Pa. I have one with the full label, but it is very faded and would not photograph well. The lettering is in red ink. Hope this helps.
a

PMbottles

Reaction score
That's a beauty, and not something one would likely find in my part of the country. I just want to add that, for once, when a new posting includes the words "...seams stop well short of top lip..." it was a refreshingly accurate statement. Welcome to the site!

I've edited my comment to add the following: I've never purchased a bottle in my life (more than fifty years after beginning to collect), but I find that a particularly interest specimen. Please let me know if you decide to sell.

Do you know if, when and where it might have been recovered by a bottle digger?

WL
Thanks for reply and Yes this bottle is for sale along with a small collection of others. A friend asked me to sell for him because he knows I sell on eBay so I came here to get info for proper descriptions and hopefully approximate Values so I can List accurately and at appropriate Prices. Feel free to make offers. Private Party eliminates eBay's ever growing Fees and hassles. Thanks, PM

PMbottles

Reaction score
It's whatever the market value has for ithat bottle
Understood and true for any item. Or more accurately the old idiom " It's worth that some one is willing to pay for it at that time"
Approximate market value is the info I seek .

thomascooper865

Reaction score
Understood and true for any item. Or more accurately the old idiom " It's worth that some one is willing to pay for it at that time"
Approximate market value is the info I seek .
I happen to find identical bottle just the other day and was wandering price to put on it. Wandering ball park . Thanks

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen