Cobalt blue hutchinson patent

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Carmo

Reaction score
Hi All
Can anyone tell me the rarity and value of a G.NORRIS & Co CITY BOTTLING WORKS DETROIT,MICH. cobalt blue hutchinson patent.

amblypygi

Reaction score
The 11th edition of Kovels' lists it for $100, but I would take that with a grain of salt because colored hutches are very desirable. The Kovels' listing implies that they aren't particularly rare, but I wouldn't be surprised if their value was low. Good find!

Sean

amblypygi

Reaction score
That listing is under sodas, by the way. Magura lists a "lt. saphire blue" version for $75-100, and the 10th edition of Kovels' has a misspelled version (Morris) for $154. That may be an error in the book rather than on the bottle. I get the feeling that these are all light blue bottles; if yours is truely a deep cobalt blue it is probably worth more than these.

Sean

slimdigger

Reaction score
I have several variants listed . What is the total height of the bottle ? Does it have " G.N. & Co. embossed on base ? Is the cobalt color light medium or dark cobalt ? What is the condition of the bottle ? Slimdigger

Carmo

Reaction score
Hi Slim
The bottle is 16.5cm high, not sure on base embossing, bottle has been offered to me if that is important I could find out, and definately dark cobalt.
Cheers carmo

slimdigger

Reaction score
Carmo,
A similar bottle sold in a glassworks auction in 1995 for $467.50 in mint condition. One sold for $66.00 in 2001 that had scratches , pitting and a lip bruise. In good condition you could safely estimate the bottle in the 200 to 300 dollar range. Slimdigger

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles