Cobalt Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nipsy

Reaction score
Not exactly sure if this is pre-1900, the seam stops below lip, pontil mark on bottom, it says, "chemical industrial company" with an "RDA" logo in the middle. Below that it says "R. DeAngelis" and below that it says, "Providence R.I." The odd thing is, the mold that was used for it seems to be altered, because you can still make out where words were supposed to be on the bottle from the original mold. I couldn't find any listings in the books, any info or possible price would be helpful.

Dimensions are 7 1/4" tall x 2 3/4" across.

5573FBDD26084BBBB2134E667D966B66.jpg

Attachments

• 5573FBDD26084BBBB2134E667D966B66.jpg
    5573FBDD26084BBBB2134E667D966B66.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 85

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
http://www.littlerhodybottleclub.org/research/deangelisr.html

littlerhody list this as scarce and may be interested in your find, maybe a picture. It sounds like this except the ABM part. At any rate it's a very nice bottle.

[size=-1]iRI-196[/size]

[size=-1]CHEMICAL INDUSTRIALCO. / RDA monogram / R. DeANGELIS / PROVIDENCE, R.I. (no space between INDUSTRIAL and CO.)[/size]
[size=-1]R. DeANGELIS (erased just below front shoulder)[/size]
[size=-1]PROVIDENCE, R.I. (erased just below reverse shoulder)[/size]
[size=-1]machine made[/size]
[size=-1]single ring top corker[/size]
[size=-1]cobalt blue[/size]
[size=-1]7-1/4"[/size]
[size=-1]SCARCE[/size]

GuntherHess

Reaction score
That bottle looks like it may be machine made. Its definately not pontil marked, it looks like 1890s or later. Do the seams go all the way to the top of the lip?

DIGGER DAVE

Reaction score
Hey Wayne ,
Welcome aboard. Like I told you. This is what I love about this place. People who know their bottles !!! HEHEHE, Nipsy , HEHE, LOL !!!!!!!!

DIGGER DAVE

Reaction score
Hey Eric,
Good research !!!! I printed the info and gave it to Wayne as he is my neighbor and new to the forum. Giving you the credit of course. He was thrilled!! I think he particurarly liked the " Don " connection as he is Italian. As for me I am going to enjoy countless hours yelling " Nipsy " over the back fence until he tells me where his screen name originated from !!!! thanx !!!!

DIGGER DAVE

Reaction score
What the hell is a Nipsy Russell,
Ok I finally broke the code but I think it is a little before my time. Any help !!!! " Nipsy Russell ???

nipsy

Reaction score
first of all i want to thank you guys for the input. i'm excited about finding out about the stuff we've dug up. thank you cowseatmaize for the info. i'm still curious about a price, it's not listed in kovells. thanx again.

capsoda

Reaction score
Nipsey Russell was one of the funniest WW 2 vets I ever heard. The man could be so funny it could be dangerous. Right up there with Redd Foxx.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Hey DD, thanks for the good words but all I did was type in the google box. All the credit after that goes to the good folks at http://www.littlerhodybottleclub.org/ . I end up there with all my RI guestions. I highly recommend saving this link.
As for value, in a local market it may be quite high to the right person. It's got color, form, a reworked mold etc. Chances are if it was in Kovels the specifics wouldn't be mentioned and the value would be off a bit anyway. Contact Little Rhody and ask there. I'll bet they'd be interested to see if it might yet be another "undiscoverd mold".
As for Nipsey, he also helped make gameshows of the 60's and 70's a bit more tolerable. ie Match Game and Hollywood Squares I think.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter