Cobalt Poison Question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bixel

Reaction score
I am not a poison collector, so I have appealed to the people with more knowledge for some help in this category!

I always am on the lookout for Canadian Poisons. We see alot of the 6 sided, "coffin poisons"(KI-7 I believe)up here in Cobalt. I have dug some myself, and really like the look of them.

I have a 6OZ, KI-7 in cobalt, "Usage Externe, Not to be taken, Use with Caution" On the front, "Poison" at the top of the rear and a RIGO marked base.

What can anybody tell me as far as rarity? I dont run into many of these in sizes larger than 4OZ, and even they are tougher. I see the 1 and 2 oz alot, and have dug a couple of each.

Any help is appreciated.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, most of these bottles are fairly common. Probably less so in the largest of sizes.But, like the English hexagon poisons, which are most plentiful, don't demand much of a price. There are several variations in the embossing between these styles. The only one that is considered "desirable" is the T Eaton maker with "Be Careful" on the embossing. It's the only one with that statement, and are fairly hard to come by.....but, they still look like all the other ones of the same shape. It is the only redeaming quality they have to warrent the price people think they should bring. Anyways, most of these bottles run from the $10-$20 range..maybe a bit more in the largest of sizes..like the 16+ oz.

Bottles of this shape come in cobalt, amber and green, for the most part. For this shape, amber seems to look best, IMO.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2