COCA COLA / 1915 PROTOTYPE / EARL R DEAN / RAY A GRAHAM

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digdug

Reaction score
Another photo....

5F0361ADD039455DBFCD2511CED2938D.jpg

Attachments

• 5F0361ADD039455DBFCD2511CED2938D.jpg
    5F0361ADD039455DBFCD2511CED2938D.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 89

epackage

Reaction score
WOW, that's gonna make Bob's head spin...lol[;)]

zecritr

Reaction score
This bottle sorta makes me think of the "Robert C. Graham / Bottle Patent Number 49,730 "

probably isn't but gives me that idea anyways,maybe bob can tell :)

pinballdude

Reaction score
I always wondered what happened to the "other" bottles.
Am I the only one who wonders why the Graham bottle looks hobble skirt, too?
Coincidence?

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: pinballdude

I always wondered what happened to the "other" bottles.
Am I the only one who wonders why the Graham bottle looks hobble skirt, too?
Coincidence?
I asked this way back on the first page, nobody seems to know...

zecritr

Reaction score
Industrial espionage of course lol
just as rampant back then as today :) we just got better tools today lol

Eric

Reaction score
I think the Graham bottle looks more organic.. maybe they too looked at the Cocoa plant...

Hard to believe they went to all that trouble, each company/group, to design a bottle then make/cast only one.
I'm sure they would have made several... maybe even trying out different color glass... some may have kept a
prototype others may have destroyed them once they realized their design wasn't chosen...

When the grandfather took the Graham bottle.. later came back and seen they were all gone... heck maybe everyone
grabbed a bottle or they got handed out... Maybe no one cared as they focused on the new design...
One would think there probably was a photo....all lined up... would be a great image.

celerycola

Reaction score
If all of the "inappropriate and disruptive" comments are removed from this and other threads found at this site are removed we would have maybe a third of the content and what was left would be like reading bible verses in church. There's nothing wrong with reading the bible out loud, of course, but we are a diverse community from all walks of life and all parts of the country. We have a common interest in soda bottles and their history and come here both to learn and to share.

I agree with Osia that there is way too much opinion and conjecture presented here as fact and it is a disservice to the new collectors tuned in today and those who may happen across the site in the future to spread mis-information. It does not help to attack the messenger and "submit a complaint to the administration" when the message is no more inappropriate than the tv shows your kids watch.

I know the Arlo Guthrie song and think I know where Arlo's coming from. I feel the same about Osia and am pleased to hear from either of them at any time. If the "administration" needs to remove posts they may as well start with mine. If they choose to remove the humanity from this site due to someone getting their feathers ruffled for a friendly question of the facts I will continue to read and post at the numerous other sites where collectors come together to share.

celerycola

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this one, Doug. It makes sense in the context of several bottles vying to win the lucrative Coca-Cola contract that this would be one of the contenders. It shares the important attributes of the other two bottles: distinctive shape, Coca-Cola in script, Contents 6 1/2 ounces, and Atlanta, Ga. Interesting that this bottle was used across the nation for soda water bottled by Coca-Cola bottlers. I have an emerald green 1950's ginger ale from Liberia in this squared shape coming my way in a trade with FloridaBottleDude.
ORIGINAL: digdug

A friend showed me this bottle years ago. I think it was one of the contest bottles too, but was the loser. We all know the contour from ROOT won.
This bottle has arrows on the neck area, panels, much like the soda water bottles used by Coca-Cola bottlers, marked: ATLANTA, GA on the bottom. And no makers mark. I have seen two in the past 6 years. Both damaged in much the same way. It looks as if someone knocked off the neck on purpose.
Maybe this is what happened to the 'Losers' of the contest!
See the next page for more of this bottle.

E4214695AEE84ACAAE748EA8BB0FC986.jpg

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Classic case of a cough on one side a village being pneumonia on the other in minutes.
I apologize for the rudeness Gary. After going over it for the first time, it was purely the accusations of apparently small minds that came to the conclusion of "stolen". I see no indication from you or any other reason to lead me to that conclusion.
I hope they are ashamed of themselves.
Very nice, rare bottle you got there. Be proud of it.
Eric

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vladlitski