Coca-cola bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dirty Dog

Reaction score
I found this bottle from the "COCA-COLA BOTTLING WORKS" does anyone know if it's a coke bottle or just a bottle coca cola bottled? You can see it's the same size as the hobbleskirt and has "York, Pa" on it. The mold seems real sloppy and old.

Thanks

Li20981.jpg

Attachments

• Li20981.jpg
    Li20981.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 130

snake oil

Reaction score
Although I am not an authority on Coke bottles . I believe your bottle is an early Coke bottle , probably circa 1910 . I have one similar in shape in blue aqua with Coca Cola in script across the bottom and Baltimore , MD , on the other side at the bottom . My bottle does not have the ring around the neck , but it does have the crown seal lip .

digdug

Reaction score
Your bottle is a "Flavor" bottle. It had another type soda besides Coca Cola. Usually-if the bottle has Coca Cola in script it held the real thing. If it is in block letters it held a local bottling flavor other than Coca Cola. It is probably from the 1900's though.

kastoo

Reaction score
I'm selling straightside and hobbleskirt at yahoo auctions. I have more that I have not listed in Hobbleskirt style. I am selling because I bought a lot and got the ones I want. I don't have room to store them. They're pretty good. One is ACL and has Thibodaux LA on the bottom and the others are embossed but have newer embossing on bottom...you know, the thin embossing in a embossed circle..not like the old thick embossed like te one I have for sale. Anyway..2 say Fort Valley Ga and the third says Griffin GA. I MIGHT have a straightside Coke for resale soon that sold on Ebay 26 Dec if this guy don't pay me soon. That's another story!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc