Coffin poison and other stuff

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mainer1

Reaction score
Nice finds
keep digging deeper who knows what you will find

ruccello

Reaction score
edndlm, I'd love to see the German Fir Cough bottle and box - love the name!

Surfaceone, thanks for the history. Liver Astonisher and German Fir Cough, I wonder what other crazy cures they had! Interesting that this bottle was filled with salts, I was thinking pills.

I'm going to start electrolysis tomorrow on the gun, hopefully it will clean up nicely.

Thanks mainer and KB. Hey KB, haven't seen a post lately, I know you're not done with that dump yet. Got any more stuff to post?

THE BADGER

Reaction score
great stuff ruccello,even the newer dumps produce some great finds love the fishing reel and the gun.i find alot of the guns but the fly reel is sweet.keep em coming.BADGER

adshepard

Reaction score
Richard,

I have tons of luck diving for glass in Maine. I have not hit any local Connecticut spots yet. I have my eye on a few sites on the Willimantic though.

Alan

beendiggin

Reaction score
Way to go..that site has given you some nice bottles. That coffin is fantastic! What a keeper.

texasdigger

Reaction score
What is the name on the fly fishing reel? I also collect early fishing gear so it is right up my alley! Great digs!

Brad

ruccello

Reaction score
Hey texasdigger, the reel is a Pflueger Progress (I think it's a model 60). Dates to 1935 or thereabouts. It's in pretty rough shape, a little bent, and no moving parts. I'm going to see if I can take it apart, clean it up and straighten it out so I can use it. I'm a flyfisherman, and it would be really cool to use this reel.

mattatennis, beendiggin and madman, thanks for the comments guys, hopefully I'll be posting more after this weekend!

Richard

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter