Coke bottle dating

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
When did coke stop putting the city and state on their bottles and where are the pat. numbers and date located on the bottles? Oh and thank you cobaltbot for your sincere help and you other two jokers can kiss my you know what.

Randy in N.C.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Relax Randy, you'll find we are about having a little fun while also trying to be helpful. The 1915 or 1923 or Pat D is under the CocaCola logo up on the bottles shoulder. If newer than these it will just say US Patent office.under trade mark registered. To find the date the bottle was made go up from the base to the first indent, go around the indent till you see little numbers. there are usually two two digit numbers sometimes seperated by a symbol in the middle. one set is the year, for example 51 would mean 1951, the other two digit number is a mould number. The year is on the right for 1951 and older then switches to the left. I hope you can help your Dad out.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hello Randy, and welcome to the forum. I must apologize for laughing at earlyglass's post. It was not meant as a slam to you or your question. His post was simply funny. Cobaltbot is quite correct in the fact that we, here on the forum , enjoy ourselves and each other as much as we can. I have been here for nearly 3 years and can honestly say there has been VERY FEW post's I have read that were intended to be derogatory towards anyone. If you stick around long enough, you will come to understand the wealth of information this forum has to offer as well as the way we like to cut up. Once again, welcome ,and my apologies. Kelley

PS. Under no circumstances will I be likely to kiss your you know what![:D]

HawaiiGlass4me

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Don't be offended by all the nut cases here on this forum. You'll be quick to learn that they are all very nice and willing to help out. I have learned so much from the members here and I am still learning more every time.

So let the jokes and fun keep on rolling as we keep ourselves from rolling into an old trash pit. [;)]

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
If my laughing offended you then I too am sorry. Earlyglass wasn't poking fun at you or anything. Just trying to make a funny. Welcome to the forum.

capsoda

Reaction score
Boy, We sure have been gettin into alot of trouble lately. He!He!

Hey Randy, Welcome to the forum. You have been hazed. You will now be safe for one hour. Oh, I see that was up at 5:32.32.

The sight that WV gave you is a good one. Here is another that may help.

http://www.sodamuseum.bigstep.com/generic34.html

Whats the Hot Rod all about? You a Rodder?

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
For a limited time only check this out.

cokedate.jpg

cc6pack

Reaction score
cows,

Nice post I have one of the plastic experimental bottles, and knew nothing about when they were released.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1