Coke mistake? mispelling ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

monalisa

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I picked up this Coke bottle a few weeks ago at Auction. I have not had much luck with finding information about it. Would anyone know or have info about this bottle?
Was it a mistake?
Is it common or rare?
Is there any value?

Thanks all for any information. Lisa & Mike

F0F3AA8AA01540F59946FC14723DD232.jpg

monalisa

Reaction score
Last one for now. Thanks in advance for any help. Lisa

2ADFE360340044AFACB15B768E998B56.jpg

bubbas dad

Reaction score
my guess would be that it isn't a mistake just a company with a similar sounding name. when coca cola started getting popular a whole bunch of companies tried to capitalize on cokes success with names that sounded similar to coca cola or had cola in there names. ones that come to mind are taka cola and my cola. coke started a big law suit over their name and eventually won. maybe some of the people who know more about coke can answer your question better.

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hi Mike & Lisa

The Coco Cola bottle was made for the Coca Cola Co. of Bangor - it is a misspelling. I have a bottle with the correct spelling and it is identical except for the Coco. You see the Coco bottles once in a while but they are far less common than the 'correct' bottle and also more valuable.

Later - Sam

capsoda

Reaction score
Yeap, It is an error. I also have the correct spelling on my Bangor bottle. They sbook for $20 t0 $25 being a machine made bottle from the early 1930s. If you ever want to sell it let me know. Those are really hard to come by on the gulf coast of Alabama.[sm=lol.gif]

monalisa

Reaction score
Hello everyone, thanks for the info, Sam I thought you might have some input on this one. Sam is the expert in my area, he also just wrote a great book "MAINE BOTTLERS AND THEIR BOTTLES" which I love by the way, real nice job Sam.
Anyway, great input, thanks to all.............Lisa & Mike

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tasha85