Coke Soda Water?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
I really had a good time hitting the yard sales this past weekend; had a couple good finds. For $15 I got a lot that included 5 - Poland Springs Sitting Moses bottles, 4 - fiths, 1 quart, Kelly green, Olive Green, Clear (qt.) and 2 ambers. Also green hobble skirt cokes, 'West Blocton, Ala: Clovis, NM - A Cotts bowling pin ACL club special, Nesbitts of California, Hoods Milk Co. - ACL COLA (?!), early 60s ACL Pepsi & Canadian Club and lastly a bottle that really has me puzzled. I don't collect sodas, so mabey I'm showing my ignorance: I have a 6 oz. straight sided SODA WATER bottle that has 4 opposing sunken panels on the the barrel, 6 panels on the neck with raised 5-point stars. My camera is out on loan, so no pic to offer[:eek:]. The base says Coca Cola Bott along with the letter E and the # 49. Did Coke produce soda water? Is this bottle from 1949?

Pontiled

Reaction score
That bottle is one that Coca Cola used for flavored sodas (i/e Orange, Ginger Ale, etc.) that was a side line for Coca Cola. I remember them from the 1950's, if that helps.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Mike, long time..... anyway, I found a coke site (finally) that identified the bottle in question. According to it, coke started using the design in the late 30's for ,as you said, side brands. It really is a neat looking bottle. How's everything down south? We've had a pretty nice summer so far in NE, although the mosquitoes are particularly intense this year. [&:] I've been chased out of the woods more than once, even deep stops working after awhile, due to running off with sweat![8D]. I've been gathering a lot of old metal products from my digs lately, lots of hand-forged hinges and catches etc. I also went off the deep end with glass marbles, they're addictive![8D] Hope all is well.[:)]

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Kaw, I also found some info since I posted this that indicated coke was using this bottle in 1929. As I said in my first post, I don't usually go after soda bottles, but the 16 bottles I picked up for $16 were too interesting to pass up. At this point, my $16 'investment' will likely turn a profit of $100-125 should I sell.[:D]

Sammie

Reaction score
Hi Newbie here!
I am so glad I found this site, I have been keeping this bottle safe for years until I find out if it is worth anything!
I am not familiar with the terms for describing bottles so please bear with me!
I have a "soda water" bottle, with 6 stars on the neck, seperated by lines. Under that, it says "Soda Water" twice, then under that, it says, "property of coca cola bottling co. con. 6 fl oz.
Then there is a band around the bottle, and under that, the bottle has 4 square sides.
Then at the very bottom, it says, pat. nov 27 1920 (possibley 1923).
When you turn the bottle upside down, it says, going around the bottom of the bottle, "Huntsville" then accross the middle of the bottom, it says "Tex" with a small circle next to Tex with a 6 in it!
The bottle was buried in the dirt, and I need to clean it. I was going to just fill it up with bleach and let it soak.
It is a light green but very frosty.
Any idea if it is worth more than 50 cents? [:D]
Appreciate any info! Thanks!

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hey Sammie -
As you can see from the earlier posts, this is a type of Coca Cola bottle but it is not anywhere near as common as the hobbleskirt Coke bottles. Yours is worth more than 50 cents for sure. I'd suggest you go on eBay and do a seach for 'soda water bottle Coca Cola' or something similar to that (checking off titles and descriptions) - then you'll get a better idea of how much they can go for.
- Sam

Sammie

Reaction score
Thanks, I did go to ebay, but couldn't find anything close, all of the bottles I did find, had script on them, and this one doesn't!
Can I safely soak it in straight bleach to clean it up?
There is no way I could take a pictures of it in it's present condition.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1