Collection sees light after 32 years!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
Well , it looked to me like you have a collection that you can be more than just proud of . Heck , we all have a commoner or two in our collections , I know I do, probably more than just a couple ! Thanks for taking the time to post them for the forum to see , I enjoyed viewing them .

Digswithstick

Reaction score
Thanks for posting extra pictures ! Is the Carters embossed on shoulder ,and is inside of bottle ground for stopper ? Always thought those "witch balls" were insulators to channel lightning after hitting rod down wire to ground [sm=lol.gif] Very nice ones ,not many left on old homes any more .

Oklabottles

Reaction score
Very nice assortment some stuff you don't see everyday ecspecially in Oklahoma, that clarmore mini jug isn't listed in the book although 6 other radium water crocks are listed and they book from 150-350, that could be a rare one.

ombudsman

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Digswithstick

Thanks for posting extra pictures ! Is the Carters embossed on shoulder ,and is inside of bottle ground for stopper ? Always thought those "witch balls" were insulators  to channel lightning after hitting rod down wire to ground  [sm=lol.gif] Very nice ones ,not many left on old homes any more .

Yes, the Carter's is embossed on the shoulder and yes, the mouth is ground for the stopper.

I imagine the glass balls were sold as having some functional purpose, but they actually did nothing.

sandchip

Reaction score
That Carter's is a sharp one. Thanks for taking the time to show 'em all to us.

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
those witch balls are lightning rod balls used as decoration on the rods insulators went around the cable to keep it heading towards the ground when struck... the one with the stars is called moon and stars.. enjoy nice stuff John

ombudsman

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Oldihtractor

those witch balls are lightning rod balls used as decoration on the rods insulators went around the cable to keep it heading towards the ground when struck... the one with the stars is called moon and stars.. enjoy nice stuff John

Yep. I collected most of them right off of the lightning rods. Thanks.

ombudsman

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Oklabottles

Very nice assortment some stuff you don't see everyday ecspecially in Oklahoma, that clarmore mini jug isn't listed in the book although 6 other radium water crocks are listed and they book from 150-350, that could be a rare one.

Thanks, Justin. The jug is small, but I don't know about mini. I should have put something in for scale. The big pottery bottle is about 14" tall.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
You have a couple of labeled master inks that I'd be happy to put with more of their own kind if they take up too much of your space... LOL!

Jim G

ombudsman

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: saratogadriver

You have a couple of labeled master inks that I'd be happy to put with more of their own kind if they take up too much of your space...   LOL!

Jim G

Thanks, Jim. I'll certainly keep that in mind. It's a relief to know that if space get's tight(er) we have an out. [sm=lol.gif]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583