Collector books / guides ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
The first edition was offered by Rick Sweeney to Mr.Mark Grauer of "World of Coca Cola" for consideration of possible product placement.

It was rejected as it was not Coke specific. This was 8/95.

Bob, you know Mr. Sweeney? He's from La Mesa, that is near you. Yes?

Get your "True Value" close to home[;)][;)][;)][;)]

76D81F652AE54F289A196BDF11B40001.jpg

Attachments

• 76D81F652AE54F289A196BDF11B40001.jpg
    76D81F652AE54F289A196BDF11B40001.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 70

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Osia ~

I have met Rick Sweeney and been to his home. But I do not want to insinuate that I know him, nor that we are friends. I only met Rick the one time when he signed my acl book. And to be honest with you, I wouldn't sell this particular copy even if someone offered me $500.00 for it. Seriously! And it's not because I consider it to be that valuable, but rather because receiving it was a special time for me and something I will always treasure. Nor would I want to insult Mr. Sweeney by trying to profit from a book that he signed. Actually, I even feel a little weird showing this scanned image. But I guess there is no real harm done in sharing it with others.

By the way, are either of your First and Second Editions for sale?

Thanks,

SPBOB

709B792C16C84D468D2735DDB15A771A.jpg

Attachments

• 709B792C16C84D468D2735DDB15A771A.jpg
    709B792C16C84D468D2735DDB15A771A.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 67

fishnuts

Reaction score
OB...Sweet!
I had never seen the First print...It was out of print when I got into the hobby and #2 was soon to be released.

T D

Reaction score
anybody feel like starting that whole thing with the Soda Fizz et al again? Maybe this winter when there is more time. Anybody heard from Kathy lately?

green dragon

Reaction score
This would be a great reference.

Hope someone reprints it, or the new version sees light sometime soon - prices or no, this is a 'must', wish I could find one at a realistic price.

Anyone purchased the 'soda' one referenced above ? any feedback ?

~ AL

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Hey Morb ~

I just noticed that the photo of the Soda Pop book I posted says 3rd Edition on the cover, but that the one for sale is a 1999 1st edition. It said the photo is a "stock" photo. Anyway, I think I will pass on it myself if it doesn't have a lot of bottles. I already have all the advertising guides I need.

SPBOB

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Morb ~

You're right again. I guess I need a new pair of glasses. Or a better magnifying glass. [8|] Lol

Thanks,

SPBOB

42B746BB72BA44C0AADC2A7DE8556FC5.jpg

Attachments

• 42B746BB72BA44C0AADC2A7DE8556FC5.jpg
    42B746BB72BA44C0AADC2A7DE8556FC5.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 72

thesodafizz

Reaction score
Hey, from the horse's mouth, so to speak:

First time I have been in the forum in ages. To give "nutshell" info in comments to the posts here:

First, yes, there is a "4th edition" of the book, if you want to call it there, in the planning stages. For those of you who have missed the first two, don't sweat it, the 3rd edition has everything the first two had, with additional chapters. So, if you have it, you basically have the first two also. The "fourth edition will be completely different than the first three.

Second, re: no answer to emails. My computer crashed, not once, but twice, and I basically lost everything I had not backed up prior to the first crash. The hard drive is what went, and it died in a blaze of glory - then the replacement one from the manufacturer did the same thing four months later. I had the portions of the book backed up, but lost all the photographs. The photos are with the book committee, but I have not been able to get them yet. Hopefully, I won't have to start over. BUT the book is still going to be done, when I get all the photos and descriptions - plus collect the rest of the funds needed for printing. So, enough about that...

Third, when the computer crashed the first time, I had all my email accts. set up in Windows Mail. The passwords were there and I never thought about them. When I got the computer back, after months of trying to retrieve the files - until the PC guy gave up - all that was gone. I no longer have access to my thesodafizz.com email address, and cannot see any emails sent to it. I understand they bounce....probably because the box is full. My apologies to anyone who ordered the book (third edition), as the notification emails went to the email address I no longer have access to. I didn't realize it until now and have changed the paypal and form emails to an email address I can access. Any monies sent for the book has been refunded with a note explaining why. Rick Sweeney has all the inventory of the third edition (I only had authorization to promote it for him) and I need to check with him to see if he has any inventory remaining. If he doesn't, I will need to remove the ad for selling the book. Please wait to reorder until I find out from him if he still has books to offer.

Fourth, for those who may not be aware: Since Sept. 2008, I have had two strokes (one major one, and one lesser one), four surgeries and a heart attack. To say it has been the worst two years of my entire life is a gross understatement. I used to joke about "What can happen next?" I don't any more, I just keep saying, "No more, no more!" I am not a quitter, but this has brought me to my knees and makes me see life from a different angle. I plan to get the Soda Fizz magazine back on track and have completed almost all of an issue, which I hope to get mailed by next month, and continue after that. I appreciate everyone who has been patient with me, as I have not been so patient with myself. I am determined to take back over my life, and won't give up until I do.

Hope everyone is doing well and it's surely good to see "bottle stuff" again.

Thanks, K

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday