Colored American Torpedo Sodas

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

IRISH

Reaction score
The 1850's wrap top (as opposed to blob) Schweppes torpedo's are fairly common but good greens are a bit harder to get (they come in some very dark greens too), there are some rare variations though and if they have a pontil scar they will be good one's.
The value (in Australia at least) of even the more common early torpedos is normaly at least $100au up to whatever [;)] .

Relicsnstuff

Reaction score
Hello Irish,

I'am at work so thats why I could post pic but I will post one later today, its pretty dark green and not knowing much about these, the bottom is different for the later ones and I think it had two address on it, but thanks for the info and I will post a pic soon.

Joe.

Relicsnstuff

Reaction score
Here is a pic, Its embossed as follows: Schweppe Co. Genuine Superior, Aeratied water,Siberners Street, Oxford Street, Not sure on the fist street address as the first letter is light. Nice bottles Chris, the colors make them stand out.

Joe

Ig13356.jpg

Attachments

• Ig13356.jpg
    Ig13356.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 125

baltbottles

Reaction score
Hi Relicsnstuff,

All the boyd torpedoes in my collection were found in the baltimore area. But i did get a deep emerald green ten pin embossed J.V'D. STEWART - BALTIMORE from a new orleans digger a few years ago. Its currently the only know example.

Chris

Jh15354.jpg

Attachments

• Jh15354.jpg
    Jh15354.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 129

Pontiled

Reaction score
Way to go, Chris! You've got yourself another beauty!

leebran20

Reaction score
So the digging seems to be going pretty good lately, Joe. That's a very nice bottle, regardless of value. Was that area anywhere near the privies not too far from where I was staying on Carondelet Willie and the rest of your gang were working just about a month and half ago? Take care.

Relicsnstuff

Reaction score
Hello Chris,

That is a nice looking bottle Chris, I really like the colors, they make for great eye appeal, what else can one ask for, color and one of a kind!

Joe.

Relicsnstuff

Reaction score
Hi Lee,

The bottle was found not far from where you were, on Camp street. Digging has been slow the last (6) weeks but we are still trying, The summer time heat makes for shorter days, just too hot to try and dig all day. How everthing going in your neck of the woods?
I hope you enjoyed your stay in the big easy, wish I could have met you while you were here but your trip fell on my working weekend. Hope the digging is going well for you.

Joe

leebran20

Reaction score
Hey Joe: Found a couple really good embossed milks digging a trash pit since I returned from New Orleans. I know you guys aren't too interested in that kind of newer stuff -- one was I believe late 'teens and the other early '20s -- but they are really popular here. My partner found a much nicer specimen of one of those that I found and he's gonna ask and should easily get $450.

We're set up to dig some fairly new dump territory on Thursday. As far as I know of so far, a one-of-a-kind milk has come up from a dairy only known previously by old business directory listings, other milks too, and from what we hear hutches have started coming out. I'll post if we score some goodies.

thanks again for the help on the green Conant. It sits proudly up front on my shelf among my few Hawaii squats. I had a great time in the Big Easy; Jazz Fest was super.

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Chris,
You have some gorgeous bottles in your collection! Got any more glass eye candy to post?Please?

KAT

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen