Comparing Clay pipes

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bushdigger2

Reaction score
Dabeel, I've been digging today with the man who actually wrote two books on clay pipes. We're in a time sensitive spot, they want the parking lot to go in now, I posted some finds before. This gentleman hails from baltimore and drove up to nh today to help finish the dig as I was the only one digging and the location will be lost forever. I believe that he'll be able to answer any of your questions, I'll pass the message. I've been saving all the shards and partial bowls for him and in return he set me up with a what he called "a starter collection". Check it out!!!

A6C86F43BEC349008ED337B85AC8E7F1.jpg

Attachments

• A6C86F43BEC349008ED337B85AC8E7F1.jpg
    A6C86F43BEC349008ED337B85AC8E7F1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 47

nerdling

Reaction score
So how common are the standard T & D pipes and what time era are they from? Found my very first one a few months ago at an Indian War era fort. I know nothing about pipes but I thought it was an awesome find

ChristianG

Reaction score
Some pipes from the Thames river

http://thamesandfield2.piczo.com/riverthamespipes!!!?cr=2&linkvar=000044

adshepard

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: nerdling

So how common are the standard T & D pipes and what time era are they from? Found my very first one a few months ago at an Indian War era fort. I know nothing about pipes but I thought it was an awesome find

I can only speak for myself but I have about 100 T&D pipes all found while scuba diving in Maine. I can almost guarantee one T&D pipe per dive and sometimes as many as four or five. This could be a regional thing. They may be more uncommon elsewhere in the country.

It's gotten to the point that unless the bowl is perfect and there is some decent stem I just leave them now for others to find or I give the away to curious onlookers when I exit the water. Now those figurals are more uncommon and I take each and every one of them. [:D]

Alan

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973