Comstock Patent Medicine and Dr. Morse's Indian Root Pills

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Sorry no pictures or thought just a good link.Another good read for you New York collectors.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/13397/13397-h/13397-h.htm

CazDigger

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that Steve. I have seen that before. I don't know if anyone here read that but if you aren't confused trying to follow the chronology of the Comstock business you weren't paying attention. The Comstocks bought out the rights so many small medicine companies and also counterfeited them. They were agents for many also and then counterfeited them after they had lost the right to sell them. They sure kept the lawyers busy between suing other medicine co.s, getting sued or sueing each other in the family! I have tried to find out where Longley's Great Western Panacea was made. It was one that the Comstocks bought the rights to.
An older couple in the local bottle club was in Morristown NY on vacation in the late 1960s and found a couple of cases of labeled and embossed open pontiled Comstock & Bro bottles in one of the old Comstock Bldgs. One type held Nerve & Bone Liniment and the other Charlton's Ringbone Liniment. They have since sold them off.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
a couple of cases of labeled and embossed open pontiled Comstock & Bro bottles in one of the old Comstock Bldgs. One type held Nerve & Bone Liniment and the other Charlton's Ringbone Liniment. They have since sold them off.

Mark,...I don't suppose there are any pics of these?[8|]

CazDigger

Reaction score
Here you go Joe. This is one that I bought from them and sold on ebay a while back. It is labeled Comstock's Rheumatic Nerve & Bone Liniment. I couldn't find pics of the other one. It was aqua, oval and has a rolled lip too. It was embossed Comstock & Bro and was labeled for Carltons Ringbone Cure

comstock2.jpg

comstock1.jpg

comstock3.jpg

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Very cool,...did it do pretty good when you listed it? Not being nosy,...just vr. curious. Thank you for putting up the pics. Vr. interesting bottle and origins,...I love those "found a whole case of those" stories...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jiharris