Concerning the discussion of Corktop Listerines

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Yooper14

Reaction score
Hey all,

I know this isn't exaclty about finds, but jme_jett's post called "my sat dig" got around to discussing Listerine bottles. I find these things by the boxful in my dump (it's a school dump...guess the guys wanted to impress the ladies?), so I just wanted to post a picture of the progression of sizes I've found. anyone else found these sizes?

The biggest one is 7", the smallest is 2 1/8." Actually, the smallest one I don't think is a Listerine...it's the same shape, but not embossed.

Vt58816.jpg

Attachments

• Vt58816.jpg
    Vt58816.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 56

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
I have 4. I'll post them if anybody wants me to. Theyre common bottles but really cool.

Bixel

Reaction score
I have 2 of the middle sizes, found them in a field after it was worked up near a small dump... the only difference is that mine are Canadian, since I'm from Canada, and were made by Dominion Glass Co(<D>). The one is just a nice clear, and the other is a weird light lemon yellow color... nice and has a few bubbles in the glass too!

digdug

Reaction score
In all my years of digging I have found thousands of clear ones but only found one Listerine that was not clear. It was the light lemon color. Found it in Northern Minnesota.
I was about 11 years old, hiking in the woods with the Boy Scout troop. I put it in my pocket for safe keeping. Then, I tripped, fell and broke the bottle! So-I don't have the bottle anymore but still have the scar on my leg from it! I've never came across another one that color. But I do have several of the clear ones.

ronvae

Reaction score
Just last Sunday I found one exactly like your second-to-the-smallest--same embossing etc...the maker's mark on the bottom was an 'n' in a circle, www.myinsulators.com says that's Obear-Nester Glass Co., East St. Louis, IL 1894-1915. It was in a weedy bay in front of a site where there used to be an old hotel. Same place I've found an inkwell & misc. medicine & wine bottles from approx 1900. It cleaned up so well with bleach, it looks like it was made yesterday. Must've been good quality glass.[;)]

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
Oddly, my ABM cork listerines were all made in 1930. Maybe a lot of production that year?

TexasTrav

Reaction score
We have about 10 Listerines of different variaitons. I think they are cool, but are never going to of value in our lifetime. Another cool common is the small Lysol corktops. We have different variants of this bottle too. I will get TexasDave to post a pic.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide