Confused about Christmas Coke

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

chosi

Reaction score
So I now have no doubt that my bottle is recent - luckily I did not pay much for it.
There are 2 numbers on the side, about 1 inch up from the base: "8" and "5". Should I take that to mean that this bottle was made in 1985?

digger mcdirt

Reaction score
That probaly is not the date if it is that close to the bottom. I would look higher up below the embossed Coca Cola and more to the side. Without seeing it I can't tell you but it could be a run or batch # you are seeing. bob

digger mcdirt

Reaction score
I just pulled a restrike come up and looked at it and yes the # is near the bottom on it about 1 inch or a little more from edge. That will be your date the # on the left.

Eric

Reaction score
Yeah... you have to really watch these... There are some of these that are even heay glass
without the ridges along the bottom... with heavy embossing. but these new one always have the small lettering on the bottom and are usually thinner glass... the cap should also give it away as it isn't corked line (unless they use a NOS cap)
But hey! if you collect WashingtonDC bottles you got one and didn't get hurt on it... I'm sure
these bottles will become collectable to.

bamascavenger

Reaction score
http://www.antiquebottles.com/coke/
use this link, scroll down to the christmas cokes and it shows how easy it is to spot a fake from the bottom, it does not have the ridges. i think i have a very mint 39 and a have 85 i'll show them to see the differences.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy Collie