Construction site bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
My Buddy Tom I dig with is from Dearborn. What job do you have for a living that takes you driving around the city? LEON.

Optimo1986

Reaction score
hemihampton said:
My Buddy Tom I dig with is from Dearborn. What job do you have for a living that takes you driving around the city? LEON.
The good ole' phone company.

Reaction score
Nice stuff for sure and way to keep an eye out for surface finds. A lot of people don't think much of the "federal law" bottles, but I've seen lots of 5-10 of those go for a decent amount of money in online auctions. And the older ones (30's/40's) can have some nice embossing. I always keep those! I noticed the tall one in the back as well - first pic. Could be something good there.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Optimo1986 said:
Tell me what you guys think about this one. Looks like some purple dye or ink in there. Way too new to be an inkwell right?

It's ink. You can still buy ink in bottles. Jim G

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I found an inkwell similar to that once-- still full and unopened. It was made in Canada--so says the bottom.

RCO

Reaction score
those Phillips milk of magnesia bottles are fairly common however I managed to sell some of mine to a decorating/gift store a while back , they were happy to have them . the embossed Detroit soda is also neat

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Those ones with the vertical ribs are poison bottles, which makes them worth saving, sort of, though not hugely collectible I think. And yes that's definitely an ink, inkwells were used quire commonly not too long ago. I remember finding my first inkwell as a kid and thinking it was just the greatest thing because it seemed so historic! Even though it wasn't really. Mine was from Canada too, although one would expect that, what with me being in Canada.Even if Milk of Magnesia bottles area super common they always sell well at flea markets because they look really cool. Another one that amazed me back in the day.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter