Construction Site snatch and grab

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Last week I drove by a construction site that I had quite a bit of success at. I had finished the spot in the back, but never got to dig the front side, which had been prepped for landscaping. Earlier that day we had a massive downpour, and it conveniently carved a 2-3 foot deep ditch through this spot I was previously unable to dig. A quick scout showed bottles lying at the base of the ditch! I grabbed my rake, and hit a dump layer that varied from 1/2ft to 1 foot in thickness. A half gallon aqua chemical bottle with no top hurt, but what a good sign! Also present was a broken amber demijohn and the bottom half of a Stoddard half pint whiskey. By the end of the night I was soaked in sweat, and covered in mosquito bites, but it was fun! Clockwise: Chambers, Calder & Co. Providence RI, Dodd's Nervine, H.F.A. Pickney & Co. London, unembossed med, Major's Rubber Cement, mucilage bottle, and amethyst costume jewelry piece.
18617133084_0ba485190c_z.jpg

Plumbata

Reaction score
Nice finds! That "costume jewelry piece" might actually be a horse bridle rosette, it seems to be the right size and has the standard brass backing anyway. I dug one with what appeared to be an old-school santa-claus (not the Coca-Cola crafted fat man) driving a sleigh on snowy ground (not in the air, lol).

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide