cool bottle I dug years ago

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

galactus

Reaction score
Hi there:

I am new to the forum and wanted to share something. I found this bottle about 30 years ago in an old dump in Cumberland, MD. The indentations you see in the glass are not embossed. That is, you can not feel them, but are an effect in the glass some how. I always wondered what it was. Perhaps a perfume bottle of some sort?. Does anyone have any ideas?. This one is in good condition. A shame was there was a red one which apparently was part of a set, but it was broken.

B515DF47E79248D6B35862073AFA5A28.jpg

Attachments

• B515DF47E79248D6B35862073AFA5A28.jpg
    B515DF47E79248D6B35862073AFA5A28.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 97

epackage

Reaction score
Can you take a pic of the bottom, it is a really cool bottle and I'm sure you'll get some answers here, not from me but I am 100% sure people will love this bottle and tell you more about it. Can you also give some dimensions on the bottle, Sorry had to rotate the pic becaue I can't focus well when it's not upright for some reason.
Welcome to the site,
Jim

64EE3DF04BF44E28B0CEB302AABDA80D.jpg

Attachments

• 64EE3DF04BF44E28B0CEB302AABDA80D.jpg
    64EE3DF04BF44E28B0CEB302AABDA80D.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 97

Just Dig it

Reaction score
Eeeek The red one would have been a killer..Is it a barbers Bottle people? i like the neck Bulge .no info sry but someone should be along soon..that one wont slip away unanswered.Do you dig often or was it a one time stumbled on it kinda thing?...if so theres more glass wherever you found it..id recommend seeing if its still there

Goodluck Eric

galactus

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I used to be an avid bottle digger. That is when I found this. I have not been into it for a while. I found this site and thought it would be fun to get back into it a little. This bottle has a ground pontil and is 7 inches tall.
I found this in an old city dump in Western MD. The only problem with the dump was most everything was badly stained. I have a few old bottles left, but not many. I have a flask from Oldtown, MD, which is pretty rare; a blob soda from Altoona, PA; and a blob from Brooklyn, NY that I kept because it has the largest bubble I have ever seen in any bottle.
The dump I found it in has been dug through a lot. As of now, it is grown over and hard to get into. They were supposed to begin construction on the site, but it never came to fruition. That would have been the time to get in there.

I will post a picture of the bottom as soon as I can.

Just Dig it

Reaction score
Admin is there anyway to move this fellas post to the (What is it before 1900 Category) ? i think he may get a better response there..Ty Diggity

Buffalo Hunter

Reaction score
Yes it is a barber's bottle with optic coin spot design. This effect is created within the mold many barber bottles were imported just as many were made stateside there's no way to prove it, but I think this one is a Fenton piece. The red would command a higher price.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson