Cool pinkish bottle with stopper, pontil and handblown. HELP!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

grugirl

Reaction score
yeah, I just read an article that makes me start to believe it could really be a fake now. The seeding is too elaborate it sounds like... Gonna take more pics

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
could really be a fake now
I'm not crazy about that word for something like that. It's just probably not really old. Fakes are meant to deceive and yours is just different, which isn't a bad thing.

grugirl

Reaction score
OK, I am starting to get your drift. What is considered a fake then? Anything after a certain date? Where do we draw the line between fake or the real deal? What are significant signs?

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Fake = a bottle (like the Clevenger E.G. Booz reproduction bottles) that was made to fool people into thinking it is genuinely old
Decorative = a bottle like yours that was made to be unique and look nice

Since both are (usually) made to look old, it can be difficult to determine whether a piece is genuine or not. If I'm not 100% sure it's real, I just don't risk buying it, no matter the price.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
If I'm not 100% sure it's real, I just don't risk buying it, no matter the price.
That's no way to live.[:)] Beside, when you like something it really doesn't matter. If final profit is the main goal than erring on the side of caution is OK but you can loose a lot also.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I seem to only like things that were never faked, for example, blobs, hutches, and other soda/beer type bottles. That and local bottles. So in that way, I'm protected from buying a fake/modern piece.

grugirl

Reaction score
focusy??? Are you kidding me? I am a teacher by trade. You can use that baby jargon with me Charlie

surfaceone

Reaction score
focusy??? Are you kidding me? I am a teacher by trade. You can use that baby jargon with me Charlie

Hey Cheryl,

Sorry that my "word" choice disturbs you. Clearly, you're not teaching photography, nor English. What trade do you teach, if I may be so bold?

No need to call me "Charlie," either. I was endeavoring, in what I thought to be a polite way, to tell you about your bottle. Guess I should have kept my thoughts to myself.

CharlieTuna.jpg

grugirl

Reaction score
LOL... not at all. I am a bodacious woman and I don't keep my thoughts to myself. LOL...
I am a technology geek by trade, Educational Technology, ITS... whatever tech geek thing I can get my nose into.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1