Couple more unmarked bottles (?)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlguy

Reaction score
Dave, I would always welcome you for a visit but my collection is just a mere shadow of what it used to be. Please don't take my / our comments to mean we don't want to answer your questions. Not the issue at all. I just want to know how interested you really are so as not to bore you and waste my / our time with undesired details.

ddfooks

Reaction score
Well - far as boring me......No ; I don't know if I'll ever get into 'collecting' bottles or not - but it is very interesting learning about them none the less. Guess ideally - for now at least - if I could get to a place where I could look things up on my own without having to rely 100% on others, then that would be good. I joined this forum a long time ago ( 9 years as Jim mentioned ) as a result of this same guy bringing me his bottles to sell. Now - he has come across a couple more boxes in his deceased friends stuff -and the difference is that these don't have the documentation that the earlier ones had.I feel that if I keep posting pictures and asking " What is this ?" , is that people will get tired of seeing that ; and I don't want to create that situation, so hence my wanting to learn some 'basics' of being able to identify for myself. I don't feel right listing a bottle on Ebay with a description that simply says " For sale, nice bottle ; thanks for looking ! " Far as the 'undesired details' go, you're right .... there is no point in teaching someone calculus when they want to learn 2+2, so please don't feel you have to answer with all the history etc of that piece ; you don't have time for all that considering the circumstances.Bottom line is - any answer is great , even if it's simply " Non-collectible, $1.00 - $2.00 " ; least then I know whether to spend time on it or not..........I hope this sort of explains where I'm at, and please believe that I do respect the time and effort people like yourself/ yourselves spend to deal with people like myself !CheersDave

2find4me

Reaction score
I have all the time in the world, ask as many questions as you want, no questions are dumb.

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
DD, if you go to e-bay and search for "bottle Identification", there are currently 4 OOP books by that title ranging from $6 to $15 in various conditions. This book was published in 1965 and is still a valuable resource for just what you are questioning, with reproduced glass factory catalogue pictures for bottle types for varied companies to order their bottles from. It shows the distinctive styles from sodas, whiskies, medicine, foods, etc. I would invest in a cheap one and then use it for reference. It might also be just the investment to spark the bug in you to be an official collector.......never know! Jack

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I think that's the one but they're all in the US and shipping will make real expensive for you.I'd try ebay.ca or maybe Amazon, they charge a flat book price for international I think.Check out "The Illustrated Guide to Collecting Bottles" by Cecil Munsey also. That was my first or second reference and I still enjoy it. No prices but great info. There was a supplement price guide sold separately.http://www.amazon.ca/gp/o...=1394515404&sr=8-2

cowseatmaize

Reaction score

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
cowseatmaize said:
I think that's the one but they're all in the US and shipping will make real expensive for you.I'd try ebay.ca or maybe Amazon, they charge a flat book price for international I think.Check out "The Illustrated Guide to Collecting Bottles" by Cecil Munsey also. That was my first or second reference and I still enjoy it. No prices but great info. There was a supplement price guide sold separately.http://www.amazon.ca/gp/o...=1394515404&sr=8-2
3 of the 4 (on ebay, as I mentioned) are free shipping with a total cost of $6, $7 and $9. Not about to break anyone's bank. Should READ the post first Eric......and yes, it is by H E Putnam.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229