Couple of Codd's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

IRISH

Reaction score
Bought myself two very rare local Codd's last week, they are both 13 ouncers from Wilcox Bro's from Dandenong, Lilydale and Frankston with a WB trade mark (Dandy and Lilydale are a 30 minute drive away, I call bottles from them local).
One-way pour style is made by Cannington Shaw and the other is probably Melbourne Glass Bottle Works made but has no mark.

This is the one-way, one of only two in existance that I am aware of.

Zx71567.jpg

Attachments

• Zx71567.jpg
    Zx71567.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 43

IRISH

Reaction score
Here is the other one, quite a busy bottle for a non-pictorial, Niagara style indents. One of maybe half a dozen known.

Zx69838.jpg

Attachments

• Zx69838.jpg
    Zx69838.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 54

Tandy

Reaction score
A couple of rather nice Codds there Irish, congratulations. I recently obtained a half size R/E belonging to J O Ladd - not sure how many exist, but described by one well known collector as "mega rare".

Cheers

Tandy

IRISH

Reaction score
Thanks Rick [:D] , I've got a couple more rare ones coming from this company too.

It's always great to get really rare local stuff like that, any chance of a photo of your Ladd? that's a bottle I've never seen before.

capsoda

Reaction score
HI Toby, those are very nice Codds. From time to time we dig a few English Codds over in Pensacola Fl. USA. We had a bottler here that used them for a while, William Hudson. Very Hard to come by and very exspensive to purchase. Hope to dig one someday.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75