Covered a Lot of River-Bottom...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Very enjoyable scooter ride today against a decent current, culminating in a few nice finds - wishing summer would never end! Got a nice Pilgrim quart ( clear is the rare variant for this bottle ), a machine-made Knox pint; the inks & a Nerviline med. from Kingston were found on a previous adventure.

Attachments

• Oto Finds 8:18:23.jpg
    Oto Finds 8:18:23.jpg
    570.3 KB · Views: 93

Jerry Simmons

Reaction score
Very enjoyable scooter ride today against a decent current, culminating in a few nice finds - wishing summer would never end! Got a nice Pilgrim quart ( clear is the rare variant for this bottle ), a machine-made Knox pint; the inks & a Nerviline med. from Kingston were found on a previous adventure.
Your two bigger bottles are great. It is always fun to find bottles with pictorial images on them and especially nice to have full figure pictorials. I assume they are both beer or could be soda bottles.
Good collecting!
Jerry

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Your two bigger bottles are great. It is always fun to find bottles with pictorial images on them and especially nice to have full figure pictorials. I assume they are both beer or could be soda bottles.
Good collecting!
Jerry
Thanks Jerry. The Pilgrim eagle & the Knox lion are two of my favourite pictorial representations. This particular river gives up quite a few treasures but the somewhat rocky bottom tends to cause river-rash and some hazing. Occasionally I'll find something thats' rolled out of a sand bank and those botts are quite pristine. In any event, hunting history remains my terminal obsession!

RCO

Reaction score

never found one in the wild but did pick up one of those Knox Peterboro bottles at the last bottle show , not sure if i ever photographed it and didn't post it here but i do have one its a neat bottle

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26