Crazy New Kensington bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

joebot

Reaction score
This bottle has been the source of endless fascination and discussion among any of the folks who see it here in New Kensington. But its a fun one to be sure. I've been told that Adams Bottling was run by an uncle of the famous photograhper Eddie Adams, who won a Pulitzer for his famous Viet Nam wartime photo...

Attachments

• 890710CB2A274A0A9FFA51C6AD62FBE8.jpg
    890710CB2A274A0A9FFA51C6AD62FBE8.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 86

joebot

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the link...that was quite an amazing tour through green bottles. Lots of interesting contenders there for one-of-a-kind design. I wonder if Glenshaw Glass is still doing any local acls?

joebot

Reaction score
Well, hmmm...I knew that Glenshaw had morphed into Kelman Bottles. My girlfriend and I cut down wine bottles to make drinking glasses (and sometimes soda bottles too...) and I had done some research into Kelman as a possible source for "resort" bottles in quantity. I thought that I had seen that they do "painted" labels still, but the website seems particularly stripped of info lately. I also had read that they got a contract with Labatts to do the Brahma brand of beer, but that looks to be embossed. Oh well. The machines to do acl might just be sitting in a corner waiting to be revived someday....or not!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles