Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Cream Top Spoon.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Jan 11, 2020
New Jersey
Technically not a bottle but still as much a necessity as a straw for a bottle of soda. A Cream Top Spoon pat. Sep 2nd 1924 / March 3rd 1925. Made to aid in the removal of cream from the cream top milk bottle. Cream of course rises to the top.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Attachments

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Aug 22, 2012
Show Me State (Missouri)
Technically not a bottle but still as much a necessity as a straw for a bottle of soda. A Cream Top Spoon pat. Sep 2nd 1924 / March 3rd 1925. Made to aid in the removal of cream from the cream top milk bottle. Cream of course rises to the top.
ROBBYBOBBY64.
Interestingly the spoon wasn't used to "dip" the cream out of the bottle. The cream would be in the bulb area of the cream top milk bottle. The spoon would be put into the bottle to create a seal between the cream and milk. Holding the spoon in place with your finger you would pour out the cream leaving the milk in the bottle. I can imagine this process would occasionally make a mess.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Jan 11, 2020
New Jersey
Good eye, sorry about that. You are right, it should be in the bottle. It is just easier seen in the photo. I don't know what I was thinking. A ladle basically.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Aug 22, 2012
Show Me State (Missouri)
That handle doesn't look long enough to make seal.
I believe the size of the cream top part of the bottles were pretty standard. The milk companies usually provided a spoon for use. Sometimes these might have the advertising of the dairy on the spoon. Advertising cream spoons are tough to find. I believe the one in the photo is a generic cream top spoon.

Dcravosa

Feb 8, 2013
Very interesting. Strange that only a portion (no idea what %) of bottles from the 20s-30s had this design. I need to add a few of these to the collection as well.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marecky