Crowell's Pharmacy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
In the end he persuaded me to take it for free as it is damaged, but I got this nice monogrammed pharmacist bottle from Ground Sloth.No need for me to tell you what things say anymore as you can finally read my photos. [:D] Here's what I know about it:+Immediately upon looking at the base I knew it was going to be pre-1902.+Crowell's Pharmacy moves to 1927 Washington Avenue in 1899. Joseph Healy, Drug Clerk, resigns in 1898.And my other link seems to have vanished, but Crowell's Pharmacy had a different owner than E.M. Crowell (my bottle) in 1895. So, we know now that this bottle is circa 1895 to 1899.+ It is from the "Bronx Borough" of New York, NY. Thank you, Mr. Ground Sloth. :D
Arctic%2BFrost%2BBite%2BCure%2Bbottle%2B168.JPG
My base-photo didn't turn out well, but it has 3 stars / W. T. & Co. / A U. S. A. / PAT. DEC. 11 TH 94

groundsloth

Reaction score
The chalk looks good! Thanks for posting the info and photo.Glad this bottle found a deserving home!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
It's a white fine-tipped painter's pen. I've had a lot of practice. Thank you for the opportunity to own it. It was fun to research and looks good with my druggists.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Thanks, Red. We have a better camera now, so everyone can actually read stuff. Lol.

???????????????•??•? ????????????All I gotta say on that. ^ :p

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Thank you, Eric. ?•??•? Do I attempt highlighting the plate-mold, are you asking? Rarely, but I did on the Heeres Bros one in here at left:
Muskegon%2BDruggists%2B028.JPG
After this photo I had to remove some of the paint that had slopped over-- particularly on the plate-mold part and one letter. The left side of the bottle is odd in that it has seemingly-random dots that don't seem to be vent-holes. :/ I suppose I should do a post on these soon. 1880s - 1910ish.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
You'll want something fine-tipped with thicker paint. I did not like Elmer's brand of painters-pens. Then a tooth-pick to remove excess paint that slopped over is also helpful. You'll want a steady-hand, so eating before doing this is always good. Highlight them in one move per letter when possible-- like you're actually writing it. Do not 'color' or 'scribble,' and go slowly and not too hard.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen