curious

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

gwiz

Reaction score
HI all. I am not really a collector, just a guy who likes "treasure" and has a thing for glass. I was hoping someone might have some info on this bottle I found while diving off Vancouver Island, British Columbia. It has embossed lettering on three sides and the bottom. on one side it reads "use with caution" and is bordered by x shapes, on the other it reads "usage Externe" and also has an x shape border. on the front it has 6OZ and reads use with caution. the bottom has RIGO.

Eb86775.jpg

Attachments

• Eb86775.jpg
    Eb86775.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 93
  • Eb86775.jpg
    Eb86775.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 98

diginit

Reaction score
Gwiz, That's an irregular hexigon poison. They are nicknamed either fat or flatback. Can't remember which. I would know if I had ever found one. Fairly common but very desirable. Nice cobalt color. I believe these are english. Search ebay for a price.
If the seam stops before the top it is pre 1910. If the seam goes through the lip it is ABM, post 1910. Someone here will probably tell you more. Nice bottle.

poisons4me

Reaction score
Nice bottle,designated in kuhns as a KI-7,irregular hex or flatback poison.Not rare but not common. In that size 40.00 range more on a good day. Blown in the mold with a tooled lip. A keeper. This is a variant like yours with carbloic acid down front in 16 oz size from my collection. Hope this helps you out

Ol31489.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4