Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Date this Paper Label Pepsi?

TxBottleDigger

Jul 1, 2020
Southern Texas
I bought a deco bottle once with an obvious wrong cap on it. I was suspicious. I opened the package when my wife and my neighbor were watching. I got the bottle out of the packing material. I said well, here is the big moment, as i pried the bottle top off the bottle. Sure enough! There was a big chip off the lip.

Another example of seller's greed.

I plan to never buy a bottle that has some bogus cap on it, or even the proper cap.
If it’s rusty and would crumble to pieces if you took it off, then you would know it’s definitely original. You shouldn’t shy away from buying it then.

Canadacan

Sep 21, 2014
Canada

Crushy

Feb 21, 2021
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Your Welcome!...I tried to research newsprint adds for Pepsi with Calgary as the bottler but can't find anything.
Did a query this morning and came up with this ad from May 17, 1938 Edmonton Journal. Sorry for the low res image - don't have an active subscription to Newspapers.com at present. Does help add to the timeline about when Pepsi began bottling in the west as well as some indication of the relationship between them and the Calgary Brewing and Malting Company.

Attachments

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clownelliott