dating new cache (1906-1926)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

batfish

Reaction score
Hi All,

Found a new cache of bottles today in my 40’s dump – nothing too old, but older than what I usually find (so far I’ve found approximately a million 1930s and 1940s bottles and two (count them, two!) pre-1900 bottles.

I’m trying to date the cache. The Listerine bottles (I found two of them) seem to date from somewhere between 1906-1926 according to information on the web. I also found a couple of Baker Extract Company ‘Indian Root Beer Extract’. I haven’t been able to find dates on these (they’re post 1900 is about all I know). Everything else was non-embossed (which I didn’t keep – I discarded several 12 oz. Soda or beer bottles because they were ABM, non-embossed and clear – those aren’t keeper, right?).

I figure if I can get a date range on the Baker’s bottles I can assume that the date of the cache is somewhere in the union of the two ranges. Hopefully, the overlap isn’t 20 years!

Here’s the Baker’s bottle that I found (several of them) – item #5 on this page (not my page – but this is the exact bottle – saves me posting a pic!).
http://www.geocities.com/lenape_toad/bottles/indi/little.htm

Why are they called ‘Little Indian Bottles’?

Anyway, date range on the Little Indian Bottles would be appreciated!

batfish

Reaction score
woops - the root beer extract is actually item #6 (not #5) on the page that I gave a link to...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc