Davenport D.G.&K Mineral Water

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was able to get this great Davenport D.G.& K. from one of our forum members to add to my pontiled sodas & mineral waters collection. I was very happy to have this one, as some of my favorites are the early Patent and Improved Patent style sodas. It was found while diving and is just a really nice example to have survived under the water for so many years. A cool long bubble that runs from the edge of the neck down into the body that looks great. Some nice drip to that early tapered top too! Thanks Chris! [;)]

~Tim

100_0752.jpg

100_0749.jpg

100_0750.jpg

100_0754.jpg

E

Reaction score
Tim,

I guess you realize how uncommon this bottle is? There appears to be somewhat of a mystery regarding where these bottles orginated, do you know if this one was found in your area? (Mo. I presume). Great bottle, I would have to make room on my top shelf for that one...

E

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Yeah I do. It's one that's been on my list for quite awhile. It was actually found by another forum member here while diving, and was fortunate enough to purchase it from him. I feel really lucky to have it, as my main focus is the early sodas. I know there has been some research done, but I don't think anyone has quite nailed down its exact provenance. I've even been told by another big southern pontiled soda & mineral waters collector that he believes it's a southern bottle. I'm leaning towards it being a Philly or Jersey made bottle myself. It's hard to say tho. Hopefully one day [;)]

~Tim

E

Reaction score
Tim,

I have a few mid-late 40s Cinci bottles that look similar in many aspects including font style/lay-out. These I am pretty sure would have been manufactured in Pittsburg glasshouses. If this one was found along in the Ohio/Mississippi valley, then perhaps Cinci or Louisville could be origin? On the other hand it does does have a bit of a New Orleans (Conant) look to it though...

Always nice to share thoughts with a fellow early soda guy, E

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday