Dental floss

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Newtothiss

Reaction score
I enjoy this strange new hobby. I learn lots of history, get lots of exercise, see pretty scenery, find neat stuff and learn about things I didn't know existed.
Like these dental floss bottles.

Guessing they are from the 20's or 30's?
16469576798205261886294326743960.jpg
16469577909114615967098405134622.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Interesting. Lots of People like to Collect anything from Owl Drugs, Kinda has a cult following. LEON.

Wildcat wrangler

Reaction score
I never did like history class (bad teachers!) but loved tangible history. After researching any given bottle and coming up with these crazy stories, time and again, well those people were true rebels. Lots were in and out of legal difficulties. (Jail) then-on to the next town to do it again. Omg, world class party people, right down to those spaced out kids! (No wonder they all looked like that in pix). But there are some real surprises, if you read up on what your finding. Then the people who are drawn to the love of trash…. Really are some of the best people, anywhere. And you will never drive by a trash heap, old dump or privy quite the same, as before. And the bottles are SO lovely. Good exercise, fresh air, nice times out in the country- adventure, stories- bottle shows (SATURDAY!)

Now for the down side. When,at last, you have TOO many really nice bottles. (There’s such a thing?) And more than half are in boxes, because you have your exotic cattery living in your home. Servals will break your stuff…. Not on purpose, but because they are scientists studying gravity. Or when they put up a fence around your best spot and all you can do is lose sleep thinking about hoping the fence but then there’s those pesky German shepherds with the teeth. Or you keep screwing up your hands and your nail girl yells at you in front of people. That’s when it sinks in that YOU ARE the hopelessly addicted recycler, which is a ridiculous thing to be addicted to. No patch- no 12 step program- just- your on your own, but for the rest of us! Welcomed to the club.
Kat >^..^

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

saratogadriver

Reaction score
I've always thought those sheared lip screw thread bottles are older than ABM, older than 20-30s. I know some of the products I've seen from VT medicine companies in those type closure bottles are from companies that were TOC or older.

Bet some owl drug collector would be happy to snap those up.

Jim G

Newtothiss

Reaction score
I've always thought those sheared lip screw thread bottles are older than ABM, older than 20-30s. I know some of the products I've seen from VT medicine companies in those type closure bottles are from companies that were TOC or older.

Bet some owl drug collector would be happy to snap those up.

Jim G
Stuff in and around the same hole was early 30's at the latest, turn of the century at the earliest.
All the coolest stuff had been in pieces though.

These were the nicest of these little bottles. I've found well over a dozen, but not in such great shape.

Newtothiss

Reaction score
I never did like history class (bad teachers!) but loved tangible history. After researching any given bottle and coming up with these crazy stories, time and again, well those people were true rebels. Lots were in and out of legal difficulties. (Jail) then-on to the next town to do it again. Omg, world class party people, right down to those spaced out kids! (No wonder they all looked like that in pix). But there are some real surprises, if you read up on what your finding. Then the people who are drawn to the love of trash…. Really are some of the best people, anywhere. And you will never drive by a trash heap, old dump or privy quite the same, as before. And the bottles are SO lovely. Good exercise, fresh air, nice times out in the country- adventure, stories- bottle shows (SATURDAY!)

Now for the down side. When,at last, you have TOO many really nice bottles. (There’s such a thing?) And more than half are in boxes, because you have your exotic cattery living in your home. Servals will break your stuff…. Not on purpose, but because they are scientists studying gravity. Or when they put up a fence around your best spot and all you can do is lose sleep thinking about hoping the fence but then there’s those pesky German shepherds with the teeth. Or you keep screwing up your hands and your nail girl yells at you in front of people. That’s when it sinks in that YOU ARE the hopelessly addicted recycler, which is a ridiculous thing to be addicted to. No patch- no 12 step program- just- your on your own, but for the rest of us! Welcomed to the club.
Kat >^..^

I think you may be right?
There's no help. There's no getting better.
Just getting stranger and stranger.

Oh well.

K6TIM

Reaction score
Interesting. Lots of People like to Collect anything from Owl Drugs, Kinda has a cult following. LEON.
It's inresting to see an inside label like your two bottles espc. for dental floss from Owl drug'store!

Bohdan

Reaction score

Kat >^..^

You sound like you had a LOT of "bad teachers".

K6TIM

Reaction score
You sound like you had a LOT of "bad teachers".
Well the "bad" teacher is a matter of of who and what teacher.So don't judge a book by it's cover!
I found a Tiffiny lamp shade,and all.So dumpster diving is name of the game!-TIM/K6TIM

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claudia1