Detriot razing old homes?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I see in today's local rag that large parts of Detroit's most blighted neighborhoods might be bulldozed and the land restored to agricultural uses. Does this mean ancient homes where good bottles might be found?

bostaurus

Reaction score
I saw that article and though the same thing. I guess it all depends and which neighborhoods they decide are worth keeping around.

madman

Reaction score
i lived in toledo for 38 years, and ill say detroit would be a great place to dig, got to be dumps along the river, as well as priveys and cisterns bring your gun!

justanolddigger

Reaction score
Detroit is really tough to dig because it expanded so quickly around the turn of the century. Much and many of the old neighborhoods were turned into commercial districts and pretty muched ruined. I dig have a chance to dig in one of the origianl "Corktown" neighborhoods, but did not much have much luck. It is extremely heavy clay and very hard to probe. One of Michigans best diggers on that side of the state is a good friend of mine, has hit many cities & towns around there, but also has never had much luck in Detroit.
Bill

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey