did anyone else not receive a bottle from joey t?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

splante

Reaction score
Hi just checking Joey_t has not been on in almost two months, hope he is ok . But at this time I know of one member who purchased a bottle from Joey_t and never received it, has anyone had success or failure in getting the bottles they purchased from him?

fishnuts

Reaction score
After a nudge, I got mine.
It was a couple weeks for delivery.
I did use PP so there was a money trail.
I find it odd, too, except he was definately not a bottle collector.

splante

Reaction score
no sir I did not just following up on a post that a member did not receive an item seems to be the only one,may have fell through the cracks, would not know how to call,and he has not been on in a while

epackage

Reaction score
I sent you an e-mail with the info I have....good luck....Jim

jays emporium

Reaction score
I did receive my Dr Pepper bottle from Joey. Took about 3 weeks after I paid by Paypal. He said he was in the hospital with mold poisoning from the flooding.
Jay

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I sent Joey "another" personal e-mail. But for some unknown reason he is ignoring me personally and these threads. It's been three months now since I paid for my Kickapoo bottle with a money order I sent him. He hasn't even responded to my request for a refund. I guess I will just have to chock it up as a loss and a lesson learned. If something tragic had occurred earlier, and he had notified me about it, I would gladly have donated the money to a good cause. But not now! Now it's a matter of principal.

SPBOB

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I just received the following e-mail message from Joey's wife. I realize it was addressed to me personally, but because of how she worded it, I'm sure she and Joey wouldn't object to my sharing it with everyone else. In fact, I suspect she wanted me to.

I don't want to make a big deal over this, but I too have experienced my share of trauma with family members over the years. But even with this said, I also know that it only takes two minutes to send an e-mail explaining things - not two months! Plus, I'm wondering how she knew people were doubting him if, as she says, she couldn't log in?

Anyway, despite my impatience, which I feel is understandable, I am sympathetic to their situation and will hold my tongue from further comment. I will let everyone know if and when the Kickapoo bottle actually arrives.

Respectfully,

SPBOB

[ Jennifer's message ]

Dear Bob,[/align] [/align]This is Joey's wife, Jennifer. Joey is in the hospital again, and not[/align]doing well. There has been a mold that has appeared in Joplin, and has[/align]affected many of the relief workers in the area. He has been[/align]hospitalized for this numerous time since the tornado. This mold has[/align]cause numerous deaths since the tornado in May. The Kickapoo bottle[/align]was returned to us as rejected by receiver; but noticed that UPS had[/align]put the wrong address on the package. This was shipped to you last[/align]Friday and you should be seeing it soon! I apologize for any[/align]inconvenience. I've tried logging onto the bottle forum, but don't[/align]have Joey's login info. I see that some people are doubting him. I[/align]assure you that all $275 made from the bottles that he sold was[/align]donated to the tornado victims, even though we could've used it. My[/align]husband has a huge heart, and would not ever take advantage of anyone[/align]in this way. I assure you that you will see your bottle in the next[/align]few days. Please keep Joplin and my husband in your prayers![/align] [/align]My apologies again,[/align] [/align]Jennifer Tomasi[/align]

carobran

Reaction score
she doesnt have to log in to see this message,its not in general chat[8|][;)]

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Joey and Jennifer ~

I hope things are getting better back there, and that a speedy recovery is in the forecast.

The "Kickapoo Joy Juice" bottle arrived today. It's in great shaape and I love it. The base is marked ..

LG 65 ... for "Laurens Glass" ~ 1965

As most of us know who are familar with this bottle, it has Lil Abner on one side of the neck and Daisy Mae (of Dogpatch fame) on the other side.

I realize you guys have your hands full, but if you had just sent me a quick e-mail ahead of time, all of the talk that proceeded this could easily have been avoided. But the bottle arrived safely, and that's what matters most.

Joey ~ Please stop by and say hi when you get back on your feet. Nobody is upset with you!

Thanks again and take care.

Bob

CB621A5C4D3F4538A66658F6477F26AF.jpg

Attachments

• CB621A5C4D3F4538A66658F6477F26AF.jpg
    CB621A5C4D3F4538A66658F6477F26AF.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 35

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members