diff. heinz ketsup

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, this bottle is 9" tall and 2 3/4" across base. frt embossed heinz, tomato ketsup, pittsburgh, usa. the bottom embossed h j heinz co. pittsburgh, usa. pat applied for and the #90. the seam stops at top of thread on 1 side and 1/2 way above thread on the other. any information on this bottle would be greatly appreciated. thanks rhona

Fd93162.jpg

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hey Rhona, I love to find old examples of bottles for products that are still in use today. It really gives perspective to how much things have changed. Thanks for sharing. GARY

madman

Reaction score
hey rohna, id have to say thats the coolest and oldest kechup ive seen, its a keeper i see you found the older part of the dump??? very very nice madman

madman

Reaction score
its says horton-catd mfg .co. detroit mich. this bottle is not machine made the embossing reminded me of your bottle rohna early 1900s happy diggin mike

Xv62977.jpg

GuntherHess

Reaction score
That bottle design is in Zumwalt's book 'Ketchup Pickles Sauces 19th Century In Glass'.
Are you sure its not marked #99 on bottom? It was a design used right around 1900. Does it have backwards 'S's in the embossing? If so its an earlier version. It a fairly common bottle. I think the last one I sold went for about $15.

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
big ops, i spelled ketsup wrong, on the bottle is ketchup. thanks for looking and the help everyone. it does not have a backward s on it and it is #90 on bottom, very large. thanks a lot, rhona

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter