Diggin' with the Boyz

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bombboy

Reaction score
Yes indeed, a great time was had by the boyz. I saw more dirt flying than Swiz and I could move, but it was all dirt we had already dug. The boys were throwing, tossing and heaving just about anything they could get their hands on. But who could blame them, they were having fun.
But we did find our first Globe Elephant, 3 oz variety. I was clearing out the last cave in and about half way thru, I saw it roll out towards my feet. Reaching down to grab it, I was already smiling. Finally, our very own elphant. My wife has a curio full of the critters, so it will make a nice addition to the collection.
Swiz andIhad been talking about combining our two holes and Friday we finally got there. After I cleared the hole and began picking at the ash layer again, I could hear him hacking away at the nearby tree roots. Its a dead tree that will soon by pushed down the hill, but that sanother adventure to come. But I started to head towards his hole with my scratcher and then I saw a glimmer of light. Couple of more pushes and I was looking up into his digs. Within minutes we were breaking the bank down to combine our digd and prevent any more cave ins.
Now we have a bank to pick at thats at least 30 feet wide and moving up the hill. Both of our areas were at the good ash layer and now we don't have to keep popping out of our holes like gophers just to have a chat.
And the Boyz can cruise back and forth at an even faster rate.

26038251A07F4C61AE14B0BBDD5635AE.jpg

Attachments

• 26038251A07F4C61AE14B0BBDD5635AE.jpg
    26038251A07F4C61AE14B0BBDD5635AE.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 51

bombboy

Reaction score
OOOps fat fingers, JUMBO peanut butter, not Globe. Had too many posts on my mind last night.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles