Digging ethics how do you operate

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I have heard some horror story's about digging "buddy's" gone bad.I was just curious if any of you have experienced bad blood between past or present digging buddy's/acquaintances.
I can say for me, I have never had bad blood with the people I dig with.If you set the terms at the start of your digging relationship there should "Never" be a problem.
When I dig with Paul we dig the way we always dig "you find it you keep it" that works for us.
When i dig with Dave we flip sometimes or we keep what we dig.If I dig with Bill and Dave we flip,and I am cool with that.
When it comes to getting permission,I am the guy who gets all of it. Paul doesn't have the personality to do the talking,I am OK with that. He is 13 years younger then me and has carried my azz in the pits more then once.So it even's out
There is never talk about,who got this permission or that permission,we both do our part,he backs me up and I back him up.We work together and never fight over who dug the "good bottle" we take our turn and never dive in the hole to grab the other guys bottle he just uncovered.That's just insane,but I've heard it has been done.Who ever does that should be ashamed of them selves,and banned form the digging world.I can't imagine if Paul jumped down into the pit I was in and garbed a bottle I was into.Then there would be a problem
Anyway hows your digging buddy? I know some dig alone,and some don't dig privy's.
Just answer the dam question LOL[:D]

glass man

Reaction score
I love you Rick..but it would have been so hard not to have grabbed that puce flask from you and run away as fast as I could...course I could run back then,but I am pretty sure you woulda caught me and buried me in the hole it came out of![:)]

I have always dug alone so me and me never had any trouble over who was gonna get what...but then I only dug house dumpps and the old town dump...would be different if I was digging the kinds deep pits yall do.JAMIE

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: glass man

I love you Rick..but it would have been so hard not to have grabbed that puce flask from you and run away as fast as I could...course I could run back then,but I am pretty sure you woulda caught me and buried me in the hole it came out of![:)]

I have always dug alone so me and me never had any trouble over who was gonna get what...but then I only dug house dumpps and the old town dump...would be different if I was digging the kinds deep pits yall do.JAMIE

You mean you never punched your self in the face because one hand touched a good bottle and the other wanted it lol

carobran

Reaction score
dis is gonna be funny[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][;)]

rockbot

Reaction score
I've had mixed results in the past so I usually dig alone or my wife sits by reading a book and fetches me a pail of water.[:D]

I had a friend return with out me on several occasions to this smoken town dump and bomb my hole. He pulled an Hawaiian poi pounder and a local gin and had no shame about it too. Sold the poi pounder for $700.00. Stop digging with him after several other incidents.

Had another digger roll a rock down on my head on a river bank dump. I was hitting a good layer and he was just an ars. Didn't really know him so to well.

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

Who knows maybe everybody gets/got along ??? [8D]
maybe those that would have spoken or now at the bottom of a big hole[8|][8|][:eek:][:D]

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I've only dug with another person a few times, and he's been digging the same dump as I am for years longer than I have, so he already has most of what usually comes out of it. So the few times I have dug with him, he's given me some of what he's dug. Luckily he's never dug anything I wanted while I was there yet, but I'm sure he'd be reasonable. I did dig one thing he didn't have, but by chance I already had dug one, so I gave it to him. I think mutual good will between diggers is better than competition, although competing would lead to better prices.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MotherMayhem