Disposal of bottle tumbling waste water/foam

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Haldy

Reaction score
I just began tumbling with a new machine that a bottle-collector friend put together for me. My question deals with the safe/proper way to dispose of the "waste water/sludge/foam" that is a by-product of the process. I live in a development, so I can't just dump the stuff anywhere I want. I see the Jar Doctor states in his literature that it is OK to flush the stuff down the drain, but my wife would kick my butt if I did any damage to our plumbing and I wouldn't be too happy myself! Is anyone currently washing the stuff down their drain? Will this stuff kill my grass, if I pour it onto the ground? Is it considered toxic? Any advice from the experienced tumblers out there will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

Denny

Mike O

Reaction score
I dump mine down the septic system! I used to do it in the unused bath tub, but it reaves a ring that is VERY hard to clean. Now I do it in the kitchen sink (stainless steel) and no clean up problems. I have had no pipe problems or septic troubels, That's my 2 cents

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960