Does anyone collect bottle caps??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BARQS19

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here collects bottle caps. The only ones I have are Barq's, around 60 differnt ones but I do have extras if anyone is interested in trading. I have various flavors, cremesoda, strawberry, grape, rootbeer, orange, etc.
Robert

flasherr

Reaction score
I do I do lol. Dosnt seem to be many collectors of caps out there. Most of the auction consist of the same old people bidding and selling. What kind of caps are you looking for? I need to get more organized on my caps so I can do some trading. but if you know what your looking for I might be able to find it.
Brian

BARQS19

Reaction score
I am looking for Barq's caps, Orangine caps (if their are any) and Moon Glo caps. The only caps I have for trade are

2 straight sided Coca Cola caps, says minimum contents 6 fluid ozs Coca Cola
Barq's grape
Barq's creme soda
Barq's Cola (somewhat rare even though I do have a lot)
Barq's SR. ( rootbeer with no caffeine
Canadian Nesbitt's Orange

a bunch of contest caps from the Cincinnati, OH coca cola plant, on the inside it says THE BEAST

a bunch of Pepsi contest caps If you spell challenge you win $500, these are probably from the 70s or 80s same with the coke's above.

1 or 2 regular and sugar free 7 up caps.

1 red and one black Chero Cola cap. One of those went to the straight side and the other went to the swirled design from the 40s.

I know I have a lot more caps around here with different Barq's flavors, I just have to find them. I have a few Mexican Coca Cola, Sprite, and Pepsi caps. Their coke caps are yellow instead of red for some reason. They sell in my area... Mexican Coke, Pepsi, Sprite, 7up, Orange Crush, Fanta Orange, Fanta Strawberry, all in returnable bottles with the original sugar cane formula. Of course you can't return the bottles you have to throw them away because it would cost too much to send them back to Mexico.

flasherr

Reaction score
well i know i don't have any moon glo and don't think i really have any extra barqs of any kind but ill keep you in mind if i do
Brian

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Yes, I collect soda bottle caps but as you can see from the pic I focus on just Maine caps. I agree with Brian, I don't find many (any?) other collectors of these particular caps. I still enjoy this sideline to my Maine bottle collecting, perhaps there will be some interest in this area someday.

Later - Sam

Bz76778.jpg

Attachments

• Bz76778.jpg
    Bz76778.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 90

BARQS19

Reaction score
I wish I knew what the stuff up north is worth. You don't believe how much of it I come across. I'm constantly coming across stuff from Maine, New York, New Jersey, Mass. PA. I don't touch it because I'm not famliar with it. I saw a few New York whiskey crocks yesterday.
Robert

flasherr

Reaction score
I love Texas stuff to but don't find as much of it as I would like sometimes. I recently found a couple Texas sodas I had never seen so that was good. One of my Favorite Texas bottles is a Texas punch but the odd thing it isn't even from Texas it is from reading pa. I would like to find couple of the caps that go to it I won one off ebay but had a flaky seller and I never got it. I have bottle caps from all over the world. I prefer soda caps but do settle for beer sometimes. Foreign caps have great pics on them some time. That is a nice display you have for your caps. I have several thousand and still haven't made a good way to display them.
Brian

Jg13937.jpg

Attachments

• Jg13937.jpg
    Jg13937.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Jg13937.jpg
    Jg13937.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 86

BARQS19

Reaction score
I just emailed a guy on ebay called mmm...beer. Not sure if you asked him yet. You might try asking justsodapopscott. He is another big cap seller on ebay.
Robert

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75