Dogs are people too.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lexdigger

Reaction score
RE: Animals are people too.

My wife and I love our critters! It's hard to imagine life without them, but it does happen eventually. We lost our oldest a few years ago and still miss him bad. He was thirteen when he died of a massive heart attack right in front of us. It really tramatized my wife but she was happy that we were there with him and he didn't die alone. We will always have dogs but will never forget our "bubby" Roscoe.
roscoe.jpg

Here he is getting some lovin from his sissy Mia.
roscoeandmia.jpg

Mia is our oldest now at ten. She's still very young at heart and as playfull as a kitten. She's always trying to make her Great Escape! LOL. I'm the only one who can catch her when she gets out, even if I have to get down in a storm sewer or climb a tree ;) Even though she belongs to my wife, she is my little girl.
miabag.jpg

Peetie is our oldest dog now. At five he is just starting to come into his own. This guy would stand by me no matter what! He took it really hard when Roscoe died.
roscoeandpeetie.jpg

We got this little guy just over a year ago. My wife wanted a lap dog but ended up with this instead? LOL He's a little character and Peetie has really taken to him, even showing him a few of Roscoe's old tricks.
tysonone.jpg

Our boys Peetie and Tyson playing in the snow.
dogsone.jpg

We have spent thousands on animals over the years and would spend that and more on the ones we have. They may not be people, but they are a part of the family. If one of them were sick I'd sell every bottle I have if I had to (even the cat!LOL) I'm not a violent person but I have beat someone down over a dog. Chris

California Dream N

Reaction score

Okay you guys forced me to do this again...lol..Presenting...Miss Casey Jane Bird Dog Deluxe...

B6C85BD130D74A4481342D2D3666713B.jpg

Attachments

• B6C85BD130D74A4481342D2D3666713B.jpg
    B6C85BD130D74A4481342D2D3666713B.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 50

rlo

Reaction score

Wow! I love the responses! & the deepest privy hole w/ no bottles! What would the world do without us!

rlo

Reaction score

what a sweet guy! we lost one to cancer too. she will always be missed.

f1addict

Reaction score

scooby_medium.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Came across this a while back on one of our SoCal freeways. Note the Arizona plates... Scooby has a long ride ahead of him. Hopefully no one from the ASPCA or PETA saw this.

I've got a cat named Mr. Critter. He's around 10 or 11 and I've had him since he was just a kitten. He's a great companion, he's like a dog and loves attention. He comes when you call him and does tricks, that is when he's not sleeping... something he does often. The people across the street from us moved out a couple years ago, leaving three cats, one of which was pregnant. We rescued her from a shed in the back yard of the abandoned house and brought her and her kittens inside until they were ready to stop nursing. We then took momma and the litter to a no-kill shelter, they were all adopted immediately, which was nice. One of the remaining two disappeared and the other has now adopted our house as it's own. Mr. Critter is an indoor cat while Baby Boy (I just call him BB) takes care of the exterior.

When I was 5, I got a cat and a dog. I had the dog (Rocket/English Springer) for 12 years before he passed away. I had the cat (JJ/don't know the make) until I was 27. That's right, he was 22 years old when he finally decided he was tired of this world. Mr. Critter was a stray from the neighborhood and pretty much adopted me. BB has done the same.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

Mike thats a pure bread German short hair pointer,Some A hole left 3 puppies on a porch in a box in the middle of the winter,because they didn't have the (correct markings) for breeding!!?? I got Zoey.
The doctors should have checked the guys brain after the incident and determined that he had the (jerk gean) and then put him in a box with bars!bad breeding for the human race. Rick

annie44

Reaction score

Such great pictures! I've enjoyed all the posts on this thread.....

Norene - you're right, Mr. Chase has that typical bulldog underbite to the extreme! Not only do his teeth stick out, but most of the time, he can't keep his tongue in his mouth either!

pupman

Reaction score

To all you nice animal people out there! It does my heart good to read the kind comments,the rescues and the beautiful pictures of your "furry people" both puppies and kitties!!! The animals engender the good we would like to see in everyone and make us feel so good inside. Five years ago my wife and I lost our youngest son to Sarcoma, a very bad form of Cancer.Michael was 24. I think the only thing that kept us sane was our beautiful animals, at that time Bear and Teddy. Teddy who was another Belgian Sheepdog like Dunkin(goatee) has since passed away.He's with Michael now and I really like to think they are running together in beautiful fields under a deep blue sky.
Earlier this year Dunkin almost lost his little life when he was crippled by the fact that both growth plates didn't close in his rear knees. He only pulled his body around the house. We were heartbroken! Well, not all is bad news and the man upstairs saw fit to let Dunkin walk again with the help of one of the top orthopedic vets here on Long Island. That was 7 months ago and $9000.00 + . I guess what I'm trying to say is that our animals bring us so much joy in a world thats all too often filled with sadness. We're far from rich but it never mattered how much it cost to save Dunkin ,just that he's part of our family and we did it. So at this time when we are all counting our blessings lets not forget our animals which I believe God put here to soften the world ,for even just a little while, a little.
So with this in mind our furry family wishes all your furry families peace and happiness and the true holiday spirit! Kev (pup)

Jim

Reaction score

Here are my two furry adopted sons. Hobbit, the canine garbage disposal and Rocky the lap cat. I don't know how Hobbit eats some of the things he does without getting sick (even things he's NOT supposed to eat!). Rocky likes to lay on my lap and watch football and bother me until I share my snack with him. He also eats just about anything. This pic is a little old, but it's fairly accurate. Hobbit is a little bigger (full grown) and Rocky's "kitty beer belly" may be a little bigger [:D] ~Jim

D69FCD0078A242F69C6AEA7413AF72E0.jpg

Attachments

• D69FCD0078A242F69C6AEA7413AF72E0.jpg
    D69FCD0078A242F69C6AEA7413AF72E0.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 45

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member