Doing an old house cleanout,...beer can collection?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlguy

Reaction score
The beer cans are DEFINITELY worth getting, I know a REAL avid collector. No,,,,, not myself. As asked about, the cone tops are perhaps the best but don't ignore the others. Condition is VERY important on cans as in bottles.

That pic is, in my estimation, definitely of a Bean Pot. Congratulations on a NEAT find, that is EXACTLY my kind of place. I'm too old to dig much but I can still root around with the best. WISH I COULD GO WIT YA!

David Fertig

Reaction score
Pics of the basement headstones please!

Is the house being demo'd? I may be interested in buying the salvage rights.

Thanks,
Dave

You can email me if you have any details

dffertig at aol

beendiggin

Reaction score
How do you get permission on a place like that Joe? There is a house like that around here that will be demo'ed in the next year. it's got one story above the barn full of (100 or so) vintage car windshields.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: David Fertig

Pics of the basement headstones please!

Thanks,
Dave

You can email me if you have any details

dffertig at aol

Dave,...I think the local gov't (city) put's it out for bid? I can ask Mayor Penn Digger about specifics.

Rockhounder55

Reaction score
There's an old house here in town, probably TOC, that's going to be demolished. I've already contacted some people to get permission to search the attic and such. [:)] ~Mike

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
How do you get permission on a place like that Joe? There is a house like that around here that will be demo'ed in the next year. it's got one story above the barn full of (100 or so) vintage car windshields.

Paul,...The barn full of vintage windshields would be of value to the right person,...I.D.ing them would be the tough part. In our case the permission came through a co-worker who was friends with the grandaughter of the orignal owner who is still alive, but is in a nursing home....Ironically, the original barn to this farmhouse, (that is long gone) once belonged to my Grandmother on my father's side of the family. When I was 9 or 10 years old, she passed away and left a model T truck to my twin brother and I. It was difficult to move because when one of the support beams for the barn rotted in the past, they cut off the bad part, jacked up the barn and backed the truck under the beam. Before anything could be salvaged, two greedy aunt's sold the truck to an antique dealer for a song.[>:] An early lesson in weaselry...

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
that is EXACTLY my kind of place. I'm too old to dig much but I can still root around with the best. WISH I COULD GO WIT YA!

Jim,...I hear you on the rooting! it was killin' me when the one guy with us was digging thru boxes, while we were working to get the scrap salvaged and delivered by noon! It all works out though,....wish you could join us too.

ktbi

Reaction score
Joe, a good friend of mine is an avid beer can collector. Like bottles, the bulk of them are the $1 to $2 kind, but hidden gems go for big bucks. I saw him sell a rusty old can, that I would have smashed, for $450. Pull 'em out in case there is a good one hidden. One clue he told me - aluminum ones are good for recycle only. Have fun. ....Ron

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229