Doing an old house cleanout,...beer can collection?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: toddrandolph

Now THAT sounds like a good time. I've been in a number of houses like that and would do just about anything to get in another. There are likely to be good things hiding just about anywhere. I've seen it all from black mold to crack pipes to rats and roaches and everything else. In my opinion, the black mold thing is a bit overblown.

Todd,...I have to agree on all your points,...I think perhaps the pain pill I took for the heavy lifting is what got to my normally "cast iron" stomach....(Pun intended!)[:D]

147AA3D5555B485AA2AA18B091CE3124.jpg

Attachments

• 147AA3D5555B485AA2AA18B091CE3124.jpg
    147AA3D5555B485AA2AA18B091CE3124.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 65

RedGinger

Reaction score
I told Joe there's stuff in those walls. I just know it. That would be so awesome to find, Tigue. Leon, thanks for re-posting that. I was just about to tell Joe to look at your post.

botlguy

Reaction score
Man-o-man this thread is killin me. I want to get back into a deal like this so bad! I know I wouldn't be able to move for a week after 6 - 8 hours of rooting but would jump at a chance in a heart beat. Good luck on getting back in there. Please keep us posted. Some of us Old Farts live vicariously through you active young bucks.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Jim Sinsley,...Idaho might be a bit far to travel, else I'd ask to get you in there...[:D] You guys and gals have me all fired up to get back in there now...! Thanks for all the responses, this has been a fun thread and I will keep everyone updated.

David Fertig

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

Is the house being demo'd? I may be interested in buying the salvage rights.
ORIGINAL: David Fertig

Pics of the basement headstones please!

Is the house being demo'd? I may be interested in buying the salvage rights.

Thanks,
Dave

You can email me if you have any details

dffertig at aol

Dave,...I think the local gov't (city) put's it out for bid? I can ask Mayor Penn Digger about specifics.

That would be much appreciated. I don't usually have to look for work, however this one might be worth the distance and effort.

830606B6C25040A19DC201EEBD494F74.jpg

Attachments

• 830606B6C25040A19DC201EEBD494F74.jpg
    830606B6C25040A19DC201EEBD494F74.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 58

towhead

Reaction score
Wow, this thread is making me crazy too! HOW FUN!!!

A friend of mines sister just bought an itty bitty, very old house with most EVERYHING still in it! Lady went to a home, and the children wanted almost nothing!! Drooling, I said, "lemme know if there are any bottles/jars...!!"

Deal should close October 10th. HOPE FOR BOTTLES!! -Julie

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Its not making me CraZy im already there! Bhahahahahaha!

Maybe there are gold bars under the floor Joe.grab the 20 pound sledges [8D]

toddrandolph

Reaction score
Forget the scrap metal and go for the old stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!! This reminds me of the hoarder's house I got into. It was during one of the local spring clean up days and I was out at the curb going through stuff when a lady comes out and asked me what I was looking for. Well, you can look around the garage but we had an auction and all the antiques are gone. Stuffed stacked everywhere. Started pulling advertising signs out of the garage attic, the guy had a service station in the 30s. I spent days in there, they ended up just giving me the key to the house as they were from out of town and the house was to be torn down. Many truckloads of stuff from really good to not so good. Yours sounds like something similar. Go back and take lots of pics so that we can all vicariously live through your adventure!

towhead

Reaction score
Yes, pictures please! Then I can have wonderful dreams! Had an awesome dream the other night. Was in this sandpit, pulling out unlisted jars galore and other stuff. I was surely in heaven! -Julie

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Dave Fertig,

Clean out your pm box please!!! I did send you a lengthly pm about a 30+ room victorian mansion built around 1890 that may be on the demo list soon only to be rejected as your pm box was full!

PD

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles