Downeastdigger---Diving Stories

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cornucopia

Reaction score
I was wondering what happened to the diving stories. Have you found more?? How's the dry suit treating you and is it bringing you more Brickerhoff's?? Please let us know!

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
Nice of you to ask. I had a bad experience with the dry suit, so I'm giving up on it for this year. It was too close of a call, and I'm totally spooked now. I'm going out tomorrow in my wet suit, the water is fine this year, even fresh water it's up to almost 40 degrees, and thats fine with me.

This past week I was in Florida, took the family down for a really great week, first winter getaway in 15 years or so, so it was the first trip ever for the kids. Great time. Went to the Sarasota Fl. bottle show while I was there, that was a bonus too.

My friend Chuck has been out over the past couple of weeks, and got too awesome awesome bottles. I'll see if he'll stop by and I'll snap a photo of them.
One is a 8" or so tall aqua OP "DR. CHEEVERS BALSAM OF LIFE MUSCILAGE , CHARLESTOWN MASS" (something like that) I've only seen one, and it was in the Greer collection. It is a bottle I've lusted over for years. It has etching from the ocean water, but no chips.

The other one (again, as I remember it) Pontiled "PRINCES RUSSIA OIL FOR THE HAIR, LONDON". It is a cylinder with a flaired lip. I think it is one of those bottles like True Cephelick Snuff by the Kings Patent, or the Turlingtons bottles, where they were made in ENgland first, and then were made in the USA at some point, or at least that is my opinion.
Hopefully I'll have more to post soon.
Bram

cornucopia

Reaction score
That sort of thing is never good while diving, I'm glad everything turned out OK. Good luck with future ventures!! Try visualizing what you want to find,sometimes it works.....

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Bram.
What happened with your dry suit? Glad you're okay. I never much liked my dry suit. It was harder to stay warm, harder messing with your buoyancy, harder to sink etc . . . I love diving wet, but I'm going to let things warm up for a bit yet. I'm guessing 6-8 weeks (or at least a string of hot weather). Good luck up there.

adshepard

Reaction score
Bram,

What was the bad experience while diving dry? I've been diving drive for over a dozen years now with well over 1,000 dives under my belt. Maybe I can help sort out the issue.

Alan

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles