Downtown Detroit Dig.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Interesting story, Hemi. Let's hope that the small-town makes it more valuable. Does the base have a date-code?

hemihampton

Reaction score
The cops were not Detroit cops but Renanceince cops, they work for the Renancience (probably did not spell that right?) Center & watch the surrounding area & parking lots. The one was sitting in back of Parking lot & watching me I think. Usually the Real Detroit cops won't bother you unless someone calls in a complaint (which has happened) or if they are curious why your digging a big 6 foot hole in middle of Field (which has happened) If your seen digging in Detroit people just assume you must be burying a dead body. I did keep the bottle. LEON.

Sand_pontil

Reaction score
Go in with a grocery cart. You can use this to pack the bottles out and if caught just say your "bee-boppin' for bottles". Keep rambling on with hyper verbal speech about the different types and prices and history. They're gonna think you're crazy anyway. Now instead of a ticket you get a free pass and the bottles in the cart go undetected.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
An Sierra club membership card, in a neck lanyard , orange or lime green vest, and a hat that says: I hug trees can I hug you too? And tell them procuring bottles to sample for carcinogens! Say : I think these bass tards are poisoning are kids!

2find4me

Reaction score
Wow, you guys have some creative ideas. How about dressing up as bigfoot? You won't have to worry about a conversation, just watch out for a taser!

Lordbud

Reaction score
Just some thoughts on exploring construction sites for bottles. Check the place out - first drive around the block. Is there a watchman? A constuction site trailor? Number one be white, whatever type of neighborhood you are in. Go early on a Sunday morning. Don't look around suspiciously. Act like you belong there, go past the fence/over the fence quickly, and then go about your business. A cheap orange reflective vest also helps. The orange vest has the psychological benefit of calling attention to yourself. "He's not doing anything wrong, he's got a reflective vest on." Don't bring any beer along. Wait until after you have explored, did some digging, found some bottles (or not) -- then go buy some beer.My digging buddy and I hit a giant vacant lot in SF about 6 years ago, filled with piles of debris, dirt, hoping for some glass or embossed bricks. Drove all around the area looking for good parking, not adjacent to the lot itself. Walked the perimeter of the site, noticed a watchman in his pick up truck. We could hear he was snoring even from the sidewalk. Found a spot to hike the fence and did a total search being careful not to speak too loudly. Didn't find a damn thing except an old horseshoe. The watchman never woke up. A nice adventure. An Orange Crush bottle in amber isn't necessarily worth a conversation with the local Renaissance development police. ACL sodas are apparently gaining in popularity with bottle collectors these days.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Yep, I agree. A talk with the foreman right before guitting time, with a cooler with ice cool beer, offered with a request, has gotten me access to a few good sites.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey